All reviewsmountain arts centergreat hotelstaff was friendlyplace to stayaccommodations
Reviewed 21 February 2017

My wife and I drove from Lancaster, Ohio, on 02/18/17 to Prestonsburg so that we could see Bill Ingvall at the Mountain Arts Center, and, having stayed at the Brookshire in September to see Railroad Earth at the Center, we knew we want to stay there every time we come to Prestonsburg.

The hotel is scrupulously clean and was recently renovated. And, as it was before, the king-sized bed is the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, and that includes four-star hotels.

What makes all of this even more impressive is that the price is extraordinarily reasonable.

I urge all Trippers to stay here. I'm sure you'll love it, too.

Room Tip: I think they are all great.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2017

I stayed at the Brookshire Inn for 11 days. The staff was wonderful and really gave excellent service. The breakfast in the morning was fresh and hot and very good. The rooms were comfortable and clean. Linda and Kami the housekeepers were so sweet and nice. I will stay at this hotel when I am traveling in the future.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2016

On Fri 23 Sept 16, my wife and I drove to Prestonburg, Ky., to see Railroad Earth perform at the Mountain Arts Center (see my separate review for that incredible venue), and we decided to stay at the Brookshire Inn because other Trippers rated it highly and because it is only 200 yards away from the Center. We are extremely glad we stayed there.

The room was scrupulously clean, and the king bed was one of the best on which I've ever slept. Additionally, the TV had a great picture, and the channel selection was vast. (By the way, I thought that it was a newer hotel; it is that well maintained.)

No, the hotel doesn't have a pool as far as I know, and the complimentary breakfast was more continental instead of a buffet, but that's okay with us because, when my wife and I travel, we don't go somewhere to spend our vacation time in the hotel. We go to the hotel to sleep, and we spend the rest of the time enjoying the location.

Looking for an extremely clean and comfortable place to sleep? This is it.

Stayed: September 2016
DawnSlone85, Manager at Brookshire Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Thank you for staying with us. Cant wait to see you again
Thanks
Dawn

Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

Usually, I don't travel alone and if I do, I use a big name corporate hotel so I was a little nervous about this place. As I walked in, I was greeted by a friendly and helpful front desk agent who checked me in with no problems and made sure I got just the type of room I suggested. Yes, the room was small but as a single business traveler, I actually appreciated that. The room was extremely clean! No dust, no stains, no dirt, no bugs. The room offered a mini fridge and a microwave, a flat screen TV, a work desk and a comfy bed! I was worried when I saw an older style floor unit AC but it was nice and cold. When I lowered the temperature, it kept the cold air coming! The bathroom was a good size and had a nice, very clean shower/tub and toilet. I am extremely pleased with my stay at Brookshire Inn Prestonburg and would definitely stay here again in the future.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2016

We often visit this area and usually stay at Jenny Wiley State Park (in either a cabin or lodge room) and we love it there. When we have not been able to get accommodations at Jenny Wiley, we have stayed at other places nearby (e.g., the Super8). The Brookshire Inn turned out to be the best of the alternatives *by far*. It's clean, it's comfortable, the rates are fair (call them; don't just book), the staff is friendly, and it's right next door to the Mountain Arts Center (we were lucky and got to hear an incredibly talented group of musicians perform there. And it was free!). The Brookshire Inn is a little quirky (our bed was not made and the room was not cleaned after the first night we stayed; the housekeeper just scooped up the tip and left towels. ???). But overall we had a very nice stay there. From now on, this will be our go-to place when Jenny Wiley is booked.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business