“Excellent and Friendly”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Owensboro
Columbia, Missouri
“Excellent and Friendly”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We came in 2 weeks ago in the middle of July for our grandsons baseball tournament. It was scorching hot but the front desk gave us bottles of water for free which was nice. The hotel was very clean and the front desk staff we extremely helpful at giving us advice on where to eat and things to do when we werent at the ballpark. Overall we had a great stay. The team loved it and we will definitely be back next year!

Room Tip: We had rooms with 2 queen beds which i would recommend and it was discounted for the team.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
chicago
Reviewed 12 July 2011

The room airconditioning is not turned on until you enter. When the temperature outside is 104F, the upstairs rooms just never cool down. The staff tried to help, and switched to another room-- which had the same issues. They provided me with a fan--but the room is still hot! You would think that they could do a bit better for a hotel charging $100+ a night. The rooms are clean and otherwise acceptable-- there were even coolies in the lobby.

Room Tip: in the summer insist on the ground floor
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mchattoraj
Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Paid $119.99 for the room. They declined to provide coffee or cookies which are standard at every other Holiday Inn. I was told this was to keep costs down. When I got to my room, it was stifling hot, but clean. They did provide a business center, but asked to leave while I was on the computer so they could repair the door. The room keys wouldn't open the doors and I had to go to the front desk repeatedly to get new ones. The pool was filthy and was repeatedly down for "routine maintenance". One of the entrances didn't work. The internet was spotty and I was told to call their internet provider for support. The employees were pleasant, but I will never stay at that hotel again. As I was leaving town, I noticed several other hotel choices. I'll be choosing one of them when I'm in Owensboro for business in the future.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Vine Grove, Kentucky
Reviewed 10 May 2010

My hubby, grandmother, and I traveled to Owensboro for the BBQ on the River and decided to stay at the Hoilday Inn on West Parrish Av. At ck in the clerk, name was Tina, asked if I am 18 yrs old (I am 21yrs old). She would have known this if she would had ID me and check my cc, which she didn't. Then she announced the rm number to the entire lobby. I asked her for the total amout of my stay and she told me that I should know it then told me the total for one night (we stayed two). The rm was clean, how ever the drain in the shower was very slow and it pluged its self up when it was open. They said there would be different breakfast both days and it was the same thing. The breakfast lady was anything but polite to anyone. Their out door pool was not open, which should had been posted on their website, along with the fact they pre auth your cc 20% more than your total. The only good thing about this hotel is the good night rest and the beds are very restful. I will not be back again based on the rudeness of the front desk clerk, Tina, and the fact that amost of the clerks were in the office and you had to wait for them for over 5mins. There was just one clerk, whom worked 2nd on our first night was the most helpful.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Madison, WI
Reviewed 7 April 2010

We called in about 20 min prior to arrival. They offered $10 discount and a free rollaway bed (normally $10). The room and bathroom were sparkly clean. The room had no smell at all and was very quiet. In the morning, they had a nice hot breakfast that included sausages, omlet, bagels, fruits, milk, cereal, etc (40 items). We had a great stay!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family