“Weekly lunch date”

Shogun
Ranked #54 of 190 Restaurants in Owensboro
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

My husband and I eat lunch here at least once a week. We drive 35min a week, despite a hectic work schedual, to get tattoo work done at Legendary tattoos (next to painting with a twist which is next to shogun)...and we've made it a weekly date to go get lunch at shogun and then tattoos!
I can't say I'm overly thrilled with the sushi but I'm not a fan of sushi in general so don't base your visit or not on just me saying that...everything else they serve...shrimp, chicken, salmon and tuna are amazing! We haven't had any other meats. Their veggies are amazing and the rice is incomparable to any other rice I've ever had...
It's beyond amazing!!!
Their crab Rangoon is just out of this world!
Definitely recommend!

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Came here with a group of 13 and they were able to seat up without reservations. The cooks were fun and entertaining and they made it a special day for my niece who was celebrating a birthday! Fun place for special occasions.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 31 May 2016

I was visiting from out of state. I really enjoyed the fact that no reservations were needed and the prices were very reasonable. The food was delicious. I enjoy coming to eat here when in town!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

We've been here before, but on this trip our, um, do we call them Chefs? Well our chef was VERY interactive and put on an awesome show prepping our food on the Hibachi grill! He took the time to play with the kids, the classic toss-the-food-in-the-mouth, and much more! Always plenty of food and plan on getting a box to take left overs home! Can't wait to go back!

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

If you can finish all the food they give you, you're a champ! Lots of food and cheap. The hibachi show isn't the best, but all the servers are friendly and attentive. The yum yum sauce is great! Stop by for a cheap fun dinner. It's kind of in a weird location so use your GPS

Date of visit: August 2015