“Amazing!!”

European Delight Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Nicholasville
Cuisines: European, French, Central European
Reviewed 25 March 2015 via mobile

I can't get over how amazing this place is!!
I haven't tried everything yet, but definitely will be returning to try more things! So far sooooo good!
Can't wait to try their coffee!

Everyone is so nice an welcoming! I recommend this place to everyone! They make all the pastries fresh!

Reviewed 26 November 2014

I am from Europe, so I can say that this is definitely a real European Bakery. Sure the selection isn't as big and there are some seasonal American products (like Pumpkin pies, rolls ext. for Thanksgiving), but the pastries and cakes sure are up to European standards. You can tell that everything is fresh, baked that same morning. The customer service is great, and the cafe is a nice little place to come enjoy a cup of coffee and delicious European pastries! Every time I am in Lexington, I make sure to stop by!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

My mother had a doctor's appointment in Lexington today and, after completing that task, I decided to treat myself and, how better to do that than to go to European Delight's Gourmet Bakery. As the name says, this is a bakery and not a restaurant though they do have a couple of savory (Ham and Swiss or Turkey with Cream Cheese) croissants. They also have coffee, tea, water, and a few soft drinks available.
The store is located at Brannon's Crossing on Nicholasville Road, almost in the city of Nicholasville. You turn left into Brannon's Crossing and the store is in the second set of stores on the left. The store is small with just a few tables for dining in but with several display cases of beautiful cakes, cheesecakes, pastries, muffins, scones, fruit tarts, tiramisu, croissants, and cookies. EVERYTHING is made FRESH daily and on site and, oh boy, they taste good!
I am absolutely addicted to their amazing almond pastry. I almost don't want to share how good these are because when I got to the store today, there were only five left (I bought all five) and I am afraid that once the word gets out, there will be even less for me. I am not sure how they manage it but, the pastry is made with what seems to be a soft puff pastry that is lightly sweetened, covered with thin sliced almonds and dusted with confectioner's sugar. It has a mild almond flavor that is not the least bit overpowering and are great for snacking, breakfast, with fruit,......They are just lovely! I ate one immediately while driving out of the parking lot and just finished off another - so much for watching my figure. At $1.95 each, I think they are a deal.
My husband bought the remaining Chocolate Chewies. These are palm sized chocolate cookies that are allowed to start to puff while baking and then pulled out of the oven and allowed to fall. The resulting texture is well, chewy. They have a nice chocolate taste with a crackly outside and soft center. They are $1.65 each and he just polished off his third for the evening.
Some of the cakes and fruit tarts look like works of art but every single thing that I have tried has been exceptional. It is obvious that the owners take pride in the quality of their baked goods. The store is open Monday - Thursday from 6:30am to 6:30pm; Friday and Saturday from 7:00am to 10:00pm and closed on Sunday. The store is easily handicapped accessible.

2  Thank Elizabeth G
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I've been trying to find a bakery as good as this one. I didn't know what I had until I moved away. The cakes here are so good that you taste them in your sleep. There is a wide variety to choose from ( even if it is to go). You are able to see what a cake looks like on there website. Each cake is baked with passion and each one is a work of art. I feel ashamed to say that I miss this bakery more than I miss my friends in this city.

3  Thank yayatraveldiva