“Rude staff”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Nice hotel, however the staff who checked us in were kinda rude and very short with us. Maybe just a bad day. The hotal was sold out, therefore very busy. The breakfest area is way too small for this size hotal. We went down and left three times before a small stand-up table opened up. By this time, it was close to 10 am and almost lunch time. And, just when you would like to sleep in a little bit, the cleaning staff is vacuuming outside my door at 8:45 am on this Saturday morning. No pool or spa.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 July 2012

My fiancée and I spent a 3 day weekend at the Comfort Suites.......

Pros:

*Location without a doubt is top on my list of Pro’s. The hotel is a 10-minute walk to Newport on the Levee. You can catch a trolley outside the back door of the hotel. This is a great location for anyone going to a Red’s or Bangles game

*We arrived early in the morning (1:30am) and a friendly and upbeat front desk clerk met us. She checked us in quickly and answered all our question with a smile.

*The room was large and clean. The bed was firm which is good with me.

*The complementary breakfast is served on the 2nd floor and the room is well maintained. The food was good. It includes fresh waffles, cold cereal, eggs, sausage, biscuits/gravy and an assortment of breads.

*The business center is large with 2 computers connected to a printer/copy/fax machine. The room also has a couch and a TV for your entertainment if you have to wait for a computer.

Cons:

*Parking. First of all the parking spaces are very small. Second, the hotel has fewer parking spaces than they have rooms. A guest was told he had to park a block away because the lot was full.

*No pool

Overall, an excellent hotel and I would recommend to anyone staying in the Cincinnati area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank born2bowl2
Reviewed 14 July 2012

This hotel is within walking distance to several restaurants and a very short drive from Newport on the Levee. Shuttles available to several area attractions using the SouthBank Shuttle. The hotel was clean and staff was friendly. Typical hotel breakfast. Great view of Cincinnati.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel on July 7 and found it to be very nice. We checked in around 4:30 pm with the intent of freshening up and going on to the Newport Bike Rally behind the levy. The room was spotless and large. The bed had 5 pillow although not standard or king size which would have been nice. The mini kitchen had a coffee maker, microwave and small fridge. My only complaint was that we paid more for a river view but we were only on the 3rd floor and our view was the roof of the Chart House Restaurant and the smoking staffers. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor river view room to see the river!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I really wanted to like this hotel, given the generally positive reviews and interesting views of Cincinnati and the river. However, the rude front desk staff more than made up for any nice views or comfortable beds this property may offer.

We had flown in on a red eye so we were tired and would have like to checked into our room a bit early. Even though check in was not for a few hours, it was indeed afternoon, and many hotels have a room or two ready at this point. Tesa was the front desk clerk present when we asked if there was any chance our room was ready yet. She flippantly responded, "No, check isn't until 4:00 anyway, maybe we'll have a room ready by 2." Excuse me? The problem I had at this point wasn't that the room wasn't ready. The problem was Tesa's attitude. If her response had been something more along the lines of, "I'm sorry we don't have a room ready for you yet, let me contact housekeeping and see how much longer it will be," I would have had no real matter of contention with this hotel.

When we walked back into the hotel to try again to check into our room, Tesa greeted my husband and I by looking in my general direction (not actually at me, mind you), and asked "Last name again?" No hello, now how are you, no sorry your room wasn't ready earlier.....wow. Unbelievable.

Thankfully, we were able to check in and get into our room. The rooms are roomy and the beds are comfortable; however, be sure to stay on a lower level floor or else you are liable to be waiting a long time for the elevator. I stood their waiting for 10 minutes the next morning with my luggage cart. Ridiculous.

I'm not heartless. As a frequent traveler, and someone with over 20 years of customer service experience, I more than understand that inconveniences happen. What I cannot forgive is snotty, rude service, particularly in this day and age where jobs can be hard to come by. There are many other options for lodging in the Cincinnati area. If I am in the area again, I will most certainly stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Central Business District
Millennium Cincinnati
Millennium Cincinnati
#41 of 51 in Cincinnati

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK