“Romantic Early Valentine's Day Dinner”
Review of BRIO Tuscan Grille

BRIO Tuscan Grille
Ranked #4 of 113 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 24
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Finding a great Italian restaurant stateside can be like looking for a needle in a haystack. To ease your search for Italy's finest foods, BRIO Tuscan Grille in Newport, KY, brings Central Italy's most famous coastal dishes right to you. Located in Newport on the Levee and boasting breathtaking views of Cincinnati's downtown metropolis, this one-of-a-kind Italian restaurant makes mouth-watering lunch, dinner, and dessert creations that will have you forgetting what country you're dining in. From mushroom ravioli di Bello complemented by a creamy champagne brown butter sauce to Ricotta-filled pasta topped with spicy tomato Parmesan cream, their menu is bursting with flavors that will have your taste buds cheering. It's all about providing every guest with a unique and unforgettable experience at BRIO.
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Brio is one of our favorite special occasion restaurants, and this visit was no exception. The atmosphere was lovely and romantic, the food was delicious, and the service was wonderful and attentive. We will definitely be back!

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

We have lunch here often. It is usually awesome from the service to the food. Not sure what happened today but it was freezing inside and everyone had their coats on. The service was slow and the food finally getting out was even slower. Food was good, but all said not as great as in the past. Something has changed here. I hope they fix it. It's perhaps new kitchen chefs? Not sure but a remarkable difference all the way around.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 5 January 2017

I feel like access is weird, but I love this place. The food is delicious if understated. I have had mimosas here which vary depending on the bartender, but they are good to try each time. I think I'll return soon!

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 4 January 2017

I have eaten at Brio quite a few times and always been pleased. On New Year's Day, however, it was another story. The service was not up to par, in that we were offered our drinks and bread, but no plates to put the bread on. Also, for the amount of people in the restaurant, the service was pretty slow.

The food was also disappointing. I had the chicken pesto, which, in the past, has been excellent. This time the pasta accompanying the dish was gluey, almost like it had sat around for awhile. And the taste was not up to par either. Another of our party ordered chicken fettucini, and the noodles served with it were mostaccoli noodles.

All in all, this visit was awfully disappointing. I hope to see better food in the future. If not, I will scratch this restaurant off my list of favorites.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 4 January 2017

I really enjoy going to BRIO. I've never been disappointed with their food, and they have a nice selection of entrees. Its not a cheap dinner, but every once in a while you need to treat yourself!

Date of visit: September 2016