“Wonderful Experience”

Cuisines: German
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Food was excellent, beer was great, and a wonderful fun family environment. Service was excellent as well.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for dinner after our visit to the Newport Aquarium. Good menu full of authentic German cuisine. Delicious! I haven’t spoken German in over 20 years so I have no idea what we ordered. Some kind of schnitzel and potatoes with gravy and it was heavenly. Our server recommended it. The potato soup was delicious and we had the sampler appetizer that was good. The fried sauerkraut balls and fried pickles were awesome. Could’ve used more beer cheese for the pretzels. I didn’t think the beer selection was huge but the hefe weizen was tasty. Nice place for families and singles with excellent service. Would definitely go back when the weather is warmer to enjoy the beer garten.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

My wife and I love German food and never miss a chance to eat at a good German restaurant.
We went here due to the reviews looking for wienerschnitzel and suaerbratten. The schnitzel is all pork so shown as schnitzel wiener style, real wienerschnitzel is a veal cutlet.
My wife is allergic to onion and garlic so the breading was an issue as it came with onion or garlic powder. They had another breading that didn't have either of those, but were concerned about cooking it in the fryer because of possible contamination. They finally came up with a solution to pan fry the schnitzel. My wife was very happy with the schnitzel and the cream puff was excellent..

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I am not a huge fan of German food just German beer! However I finally had a great German meal, I wish I could remember the name of the dish. Potato pancake topped with thinly sliced meat with a slice
Of cheese topped with bacon and more cheese sauce. Yumm. The liter of beer I thought was huge, turned out to be just the right amount. All other German restaurants have to step up their game to be this good

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Love this restaurant. I always get the fried pork and the wheat beer by the liter. At night there is live music.