“Amazing Aquarium”
Review of Newport Aquarium

Newport Aquarium
Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: Rated #1 U.S. Aquarium by Readers’ Choice Travel Awards and #1 Aquarium in the Midwest by Zagat Survey. Home to thousands of aquatic animals in scores of exhibits, the Newport Aquarium will amaze you with all there is to see and do. You can touch a penguin, pet a shark, hear divers talk to the audience during feeding time, play games in Frog Bog, eat lunch in Sharkey's Cafe and a much, much more!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

One of the best aquariums we’ve been to! Loved all of the hands on experiences. Shark and alligator exhibits were wonderful!!! The sting rays loved the attention and kept coming back to be touched more - definitely my boy’s favorite. Huge variety.

All reviews
in 79 reviews
"whole family"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We were so impressed by the staff here! We came at 4 and the line was long and we wouldn't have been able to get in. The lady at the window helped us and we were able to get right in! Buy tickets in advance and set the time you are coming. Also the parking isn't well marked so look for the single lane entrance to an underground parking ramp with the sign Newport Levee parking.

1  Thank Drewen
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Neatest aquarium I have ever been to. Very interactive and fun for all ages. This is a must see on any Cinci / Ky trip.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had heard that this aquarium was fairly tiny. I didn’t think it was very tiny at all. Granted, I haven’t been to Shedd in 20 years so I really have nothing to compare it to. That being said. We were impressed! Love that there are so many tunnels to walk through. The variety of creatures was excellent. I’m a sucker (more than my kids) for a sting ray petting pool. This one was pretty awesome with a tunnel you could crawl through. I do wish there were a few more sting rays in the pool. The Japanese Spider Crab was awesome. Love the alligators and the penguin exhibit was cool.
We got through in exactly 2 hours. We missed the frogs because we had a hangry 3 year old with us.
I’d like to go back when they have the mermaids. I think the kids would enjoy it! Just a short 2 hour drive for us and completely worth it! Makes me think my kids might even be a little young to get through Shedd.
My pics are all of reptiles since I have a slight affinity for them. My husband took all of the fish photos.

1  Thank Megan C
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We took our granddaughter to the aquarium during spring break. We purchased our
tickets online then you pick up at Will Call which is so much quicker than the other lines.
We had a short wait then proceeded in. An unbelievable variety of fish, frogs, turtles,
alligators and snakes. We hoped to see manatee, but no such luck.
The public is allowed to touch stingrays and small sharks in a pool. The shark bridge
was worth waiting for and a lot of fun. We were disappointed in the Octopus "Ring of Fire' exhibit, because the octopus was very small. The day was very nice and we
walked around the mall there and had lunch at Mad Mikes.

Been to Newport Aquarium? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK