See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 July 2015

We stayed in cabin #4 and we were very happy with it. It was clean and the covered porch with chairs was great! We sat on the porch and watched a storm one day and we sat out every night and enjoyed the evening. The view was fantastic...we could see the lake right out the door. The cabin was plenty roomy and had a nice kitchenette area. There was plenty of room for us to have a pack-and-play set up in the main room without feeling cramped. The owners were very nice! We rented their pontoon boat for a day too...the boat was clean and well maintained. We had a great time!

Room Tip: Cabin 4 has the best view of the lake
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

Hi I'm Jeff from Northern Ky. And any one who knows me knows I'm very direct and blunt about what I think. If I say it you can take it to the bank. My boys and I and best friend Mark who has stage 4 pancreas and Colin cancer and this may have been his last vacation. Irvin Cobb was awesome. The cabin cite and all the accommodations was complete with every thing needed, very clean, even smelled clean. John and Susan 2 of the sweetest people who run the place went way out of their way to make sure we were taken care of. We rented a pontoon boat for the trip from Irvin Cobb Resort. Wow very nice and the boat ran great and started every time. This was truly the best vacation ever, one my boys and I, including Mark will never forget. I always thank God. And thank you John and Susan for a Great vacation. We will be back Soon. Jeff Schultz and Family

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed 9 June 2015

These are fishing cabins with a fishing dock. If your looking for fancy this is not your place. If you want a very helpful, accommodating host, clean cabin with everything you need, dock availability then check it out. Cabin was clean, mixed matched older furniture but comfortable all the same. Had read other reviews about a musty smell, which you can expect if cabins are not being used daily. I took air freshner spray, turned on AC upon arrival and it was fine. Along with all kitchen items, bath towels & bedding, there was toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, bath soap, dish soap, which are items that are not supplied when I have rented a condo other places. We loved spending time on this part of the lake.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My family has stayed at the Irvin Cobb Resort for many years as part of a fishing trip for my siblings and me. Honestly, I have never cared much for it, it is very run down - especially the boat docks. But it was the one trip a year for my siblings and me and I wasn't throwing in the towel. But this year when we needed to postpone the trip due to health issues and didn't have a date for a reschedule we learned of their policy to not refund nor accept your cancellation if the reservation is over a year old if they cannot fill the cabin - in our case it is two cabins. It was very disappointing to find that all the years we've stayed at this less than desirable resort, partly out of loyalty, wasn't flexible in their policy.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Pam S
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I agree with the review given in 2009 calling this place the Bates Motel. We were going to stay for a week but canceled the next morning as the mold smell [very heavy] made my husband sick. We were told we would loose our deposit, but was worth loosing to get out of there. Very unfriendly staff, will never go back.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, plenty of places to pick from
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple