New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Dont use a credit card or leave a deposit..” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn - Mt. Sterling

Days Inn - Mt. Sterling
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Mount Sterling
“Dont use a credit card or leave a deposit..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

We pulled in town @ 2 am..Had to leave a deposit..Room smelled of bleach..when we woke the bleach smell had wore off and we realized it was used to hide the horrible smell of the Black Mold that had re- sprouted over night..They r not pet friendly at all..they keep ur deposit even thou u pay a pet fee..Because of little black hairs on the sheets..that probably came off my shirt not my pet ..so an 89.00 room turned into 150.00 room for 8 hrs.....Manager is Loud and screams and points in ur face as u try to talk..He doesnt seem to like women or respect them at all..Very Scarey when traveling alone....

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank carmellacorso
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Noblesville, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Pleasant motel with recent remodeling. Cordial front desk staff member. Unfortunately, all non-smoking rooms faced major highway through town- very noisy. Continental breakfast more like mini-breakfast. Muffins, apples. Convenient off I-64. Would not stay again unless non-smoking room on back side of facility.

Room Tip: Other better options for overnightstay. Very nice Ramada Inn nearby
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank AnthonyGSmith
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

I am traveling with horses and a friend. Came to this hotel around midnight and checked into a smoking room. We were sent to the back building. We went into our room where it looks like a beating or maybe a murder had taken place. There was a hole in the wall with dried blood streaming down the wall. The furniture was broken and i have never seen anything so filthy in my life. The phone in the room was so covered in dirt and slime i had to use tissue to pick it up and to dial the front desk. The clerk was shocked to hear my description of the room. I took pictures with my phone and went to the desk to show him and get a different room. He then put us in the main building which was dirty too but didn't appear to be the part of the red light district. If this county has a health dept, I advise them to inspect and close this place down asap!

• Stayed December 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Rhodamartin

Travellers are raving about these Mount Sterling hotels

Spartanburg, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed here while on a mission trip to build a church in Mt. Sterling. For my purposes, it was okay, because I did not have my family with me. It was rather old and run down, but provided a clean room for sleeping and bathing, which was all I needed. I can't recommend it beyond that, as it was noisy, had insufficient parking, and almost no amenities aside from wireless internet. It had a pool, but the pool looked to be permanently closed. It looks to be mostly used by truckers and traveling utility work crews. The staff were friendly. I paid $42 a night, so I didn't expect much. To get a family-friendly motel anywhere near this price, I would have had to stay about 10 miles west at another place (as some of our group did).

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank the_tool_man
Eastern Panhandle, WV
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

What a waste of money. The clerks were nice; however, the condition of the hotel is nasty. I am here now and if it were not for an exhausted husband and father, I would packed up and requesting my money back. This place is an absolute dump!!! The ice machine is in another building and it's been 90 degrees today! The first room #112 we were given had hair on the sheets when I turned the bedspread and sheet/blanket back. The pillow cases were not changed. Obvious wrinkles but not crisp as if they had been laundered. The ceiling in 112 was disintegrating and nasty from obvious water flood from the floor overhead. The tub was cruddy!!! Hair and not being wiped clean from the tenants before was obvious. We were given a 2nd room, number 110. It was a little better, but obviously out-of-date and dusty.....the clerk said he could refund our money....but that's not the issue---we ARE tired and exhausted and wanted to just chill for the night. Obviously the corporate world of Days Inn does NOT realize this franchise needs help! This dump has two buildings and when going through the drive-thru at the local fast food restaurant, the cashier said (when I told her we were staying over at the Days Inn), that locally it is known as other things besides a place for families to rest and relax. My advice is to "keep going" down the interstate West on I-64 to Winchester, Kentucky and get a better room there. Or go the 40-60 miles East to Huntington, WV and stay there. Plenty of other nice hotels in the area...but Mt. Sterling Days Inn is just horrible. The fee is too much and it ain't worth your time and effort!!!! oh, and the pool is horrible--it's not even open and it's mid-June.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
21.1 km away
Red Roof Inn Lexington - Winchester
20.9 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Winchester

Been to Days Inn - Mt. Sterling? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK