Extended Stay America - Louisville - Dutchman
Ranked #76 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 24 September 2011

They try to tell me that I could not check in until 3:00pm , when I got there at 9:00am , then they never came and cleaned the room on the weekend that I stayed there. They where the worst host that I have ever dealt with . Not even a receipt are invoice when you leave , who does that ? When use the word unprofessional and rude they can get an A+ for that. Will never in my life stay at this hotel ever again , if all other hotels are full I would rather sleep in my car then stay here again...!!!!!!!!! This place needs to be shut down and all new staff hired from the front door to the back !!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost forgot the big gap under the door where anything could crawl in....

Room Tip: Stay the hell away from this place, and you can deal with anything...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Rev Roderick S

Reviewed 27 April 2011

While the houskeeping staff was cleaning my room she was talking on her cell phone on a personal call. Once she got off of the phone she asked if I wanted her to vacum the floor and I told her yes, that was a part of the weekly cleaning that we are paying for. So she vacumed. She then said that she wouls just leave the sheets and such for me to make the bed since I had pillows on the bed. I told her no problem I'll move the pillows. So I moved the pillows and she then still refused to make the bed because I had luggage beside the bed. I have been at this hotel now for 3 weeks and the 1st and 2nd time the room was cleaned the bed was made without any issues at all. She still refused so I called the front desk and he sent the head housekeeper to the room and I told her about the issue and about the housekeeper being on a personal cell phone call. And the housekeeper then started yelling at me and comming towards me. The headhouse keeper basicly removed her from my room. And the door to the room was left open. When the housekeeper then came back to get her cart she looked right at me and called me a b***h. This employee made me feel threatened and very uncomfortable. And my room never got finished being cleaned as well. Once this stay is over I will NEVER stay at another Extended Stay America Hotel. This was very unprofessional and very uncalled for. I am afraid to leave my room with her around.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else to get a better room.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank ssatterly
Reviewed 11 April 2010

I am loathe to give a business a bad review, but holy cow, this is the worst hotel I've stayed in since spring break of '88. The room just felt dirty and claustrophobic. The bed literally crippled me...it destroyed my otherwise healthy back to the point that I was thinking of seeking professional medical help. My sheets and comforters had cigarrette burns in them.

I can't imagine staying here for any length of time, let alone an "extended stay". It was horrific.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank DineLikeALocal
Reviewed 7 October 2008

Much to my horror and dismay, I found myself with yet another Extended Stay hotel off of Hotwire.com (and I even paid more this time too!). I cursed my luck as I was certain my experience would be the same, if not worse, than the other ESA I stayed at on Bunsen Rd.

However, this location is much, much different. So different that I have to believe they are run by two separate owners. First off, this location actually has a main office, and not some rundown closet-with-desk. Secondly, the area it is in is much nicer and more convenient to downtown than Bunsen Rd. And third, the room was clean, neat and nothing was damaged! Yay!

With ESA everything is very bare-bones basic, you arent getting a room at the Ritz. But if you can deal with a slightly too-firm mattress, a very tiny TV that gets about a dozen stations and no shampoo, then for the price this is a great bargain.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 2 June 2007

Property was described as having a pool, but there is none on the property. Dead roaches survived two 'cleanings' and I was later moved to the room with details pictured. Garbage bin, & discarded food were left in the freezer. Extended Stay admits they are unable to keep housekeepers, with two no-shows, etc.

After describing the problems pictured here, I was told I would have to wait until the next day to have the filthy bathroom floor and tub cleaned and a less cigarette-burned bedspread.

There is a reason for the price breaks at this property. The place is broken.

• Stayed: June 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisville
Red Roof Inn Louisville East
#39 of 102 in Louisville
Breckinridge Inn
Breckinridge Inn
#73 of 102 in Louisville

Been to Extended Stay America - Louisville - Dutchman? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK