“Room ok. Dirty grounds.”

Super 8 Louisville Airport
Ranked #84 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
“Room ok. Dirty grounds.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

The room was ok. The price was only $67. Need to clean doorknobs and handles. Tub floor seemed stained. Also parkin lot was strewn with trash (ashtray dumpings mostly). Staff very nice. Beds were clean.

• Stayed December 2011
pv2mazur, General Manager at Super 8 Louisville Airport, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay at our hotel.

I apologies for the lack of cleanliness you experienced during your stay. Please be assured you that we take comments such as yours very seriously and corrective measures will be put in place to avoid such a shortfall in the future.

Thank you for the compliments on our staff and bedding. It is our goal to provide our guests with the best rooms and service at the best price. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future. If I can be of any assistance at all, please contact me directly at 502-968-0088.

Jay Mazur,
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Louisville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

This motel was recently remodeled and is very nice! Staff were friendly and the manager went out of his way for us! We totally enjoyed our stay in Louisville last week! Thank you!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank BushNurse
pv2mazur, General Manager at Super 8 Louisville Airport, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Dear BushNurse,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We value your feedback and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. I will personally forward your compliments to all the staff.

We hope you had a great time in Louisville and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our beautiful city.

Thank you again!

Jay Mazur
Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

I was staying in Louisville for the World Championship Horse Show that is held during the Kentucky State Fair. Now, I have stayed at this hotel a couple of years before & didn't realize the area had gone down hill when I made these reservations. The rooms have been remodeled (cheaply & horribly, but looks good from a distance) since my last but it doesn't seem to make up for the lack of caring by the staff.

I was going to check in a day early so I called to make sure there was a room that matched my reservations (smoking room), & was told by the gentleman that answered that there was, & there wouldn't be a problem. I arrived a few hours later to find that they did not have the room I had reserved available, & that the manager had "locked them out", whatever that is supposed to mean, & there were no smoking rooms available. Okay, I will suck it up. Just give me a room near a door I can get to smoke.

Little did I know that I was going to have to battle half-drunken, half-naked, barefooted men smoking at the entrance door closest to my room just to get my things in the building. That was a quick unload & hide in the room, hoping they are gone. Oh, and the entrance on the side of the building was NEVER locked, not that that would have mattered.

Once into the so-called safety of my room, I alway check the windows. This being a ground level room made that first priority. Upon checking the windows, I find that the latch is broken on my window & that someone had cut this stick, that was about 6 inches too short, to lay in the jam. I am assuming someone thought that this stick would keep the window closed. Out of sheer curisousity, I put my hands on the window, push up & slide. Viola! I have an open window, that slid neatly over the stick security system. Grrrreeeaaatttt... how well that keeps me safe in my inner sanctum.

At this point, I am late, have to get dressed, & be at the fairgrounds for the horse show. I will deal with this later, & hope that nothing gets stolen. I call the next day to see if by chance they have a smoking room that I can move & was told no. I explained that I had reservations, and was told they had rooms. She tried to tell me that the rooms were being remodeled & that they may have already booked the smoking rooms they had left but I had been upgraded. I told her that I didn't really believe my room was much of an upgrade since the window latch was broken & the stick sure as the world didn't keep the window closed. Mrs. Helpful at the front desk just ignored me as though I hadn't said anything at all.

Also, the wifi service in the hotel is horrible. Slow & drops out constantly. Totally useless.

In short, spend your money somewhere else. I know where not to stay next year.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank harnesshackey
pv2mazur, General Manager at Super 8 Louisville Airport, responded to this review, 13 September 2011
Dear harnesshackey,

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at our Super 8 Louisville.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment you experienced during your stay, especially on the lack of security you felt. Please be assured you that we are taking your comments seriously and corrective measures will be put in place to avoid such shortfall in the future.

I want to further apologize that your requested room type was not available. At the time you arrived, the smoking rooms, located on 3rd floor, were having the sinks and counters replaced with granite. Over the past year we have been working on a non-smoking conversion, therefore we only have 7 smoking rooms left in the hotel and they were all under construction.

I will personally forward your comments on my staff’s failure to demonstrate hospitality to the correct departments. We are continuously working towards training our associates to provide the best service possible to all our guests.

Thank you again for bringing your experience to our attention. It is feedback such as yours that helps us as we continuously strive to improve our hotel and services. I hope that despite these shortfalls you had a enjoyable stay in Louisville during the Horse Show.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in future and give us the chance to provide you with a most pleasant stay. If I can be of any assistance at all, Please contact me directly at 502-968-0088.

Jay Mazur,

Travellers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Louisville, Ky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

We stayed at this Super 8 for a month while our condo was being refurbished. We were there during their remodeling and changed rooms. The new, remodeled rooms are great. Thanks to the manager, Jay, and the entire staff, our stay there was very pleasant. We would definitely stay there again if the need ever arose. Everyone there made us feel very welcome and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
pv2mazur, General Manager at Super 8 Louisville Airport, responded to this review, 30 June 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to rate us here on TripAdvisor!

We truly do have great staff here, and we strive to make each and every guest feel welcome. Thank you for the positive feedback on our newly renovated INNOV8TE rooms. They were designed with you, our guests, in mind.

We know you had choice in your hotel and we are delighted that you chose ours. We hope to see you again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

Bed was very comfortable with a duvet. The room seemed really modern- had a flatscreen tv and trendy "Ikea" style furniture. Staff was great. I was there for 3 nights and every emplyee i met was helpful. Ill be back next year.

• Stayed May 2011