“nasty” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #81 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
lovells
“nasty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

not only is this a run down dump ( which it is, every things need repairs, holes in walls dented broken/rusty fixtures) but is is nasty with moldy walls gritty smudges on the surfaces. bedding and towels have holes/rips/burnholes and stains of all sorts. one set of sheets we has looked like they has been used as a drop cloth. there was a dirty towel in the corner of the shower cooffee all over the microwave goop on the sink hair in the tub, the shower faucet need a vice grip to turn on and off i can't believe day inns and wyndham allow this hotel as part of the franchise. desk clerk told me " you too used to holiday inn, when you book on line you get what we give you" i tried explaining that it had to be a clean room and i guess she didn't understand english. they would not refund anything, i wanted outta there the first few hours of the three day two room stay. I SO can't believe this hotel can keep the name of days inn in the wyndham franchise. wish i had seens this site reviews before i booked. there is alot more to say about this hotel but not enough room

Room Tip: pick a differnt hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tamra k
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
brown city
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

Disgusting. 256 a night for the Derby. What a waste. Fire alarm went off 9 A.am. Hair in the bath tub. Gum behind night stands. Very very dirty!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank shannon c

Travellers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

Some of the reviewers are harsh with their reviews. Staff definitely could use some training and right guidence but hats off to them for giving their best. Location was perfect for me and room was standard hotel room...what else one want? There are other upscale hotels in area if your budget is flexible. For me this was just fine. Ami and Sam, keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Lots of walking distance restaurants
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Markonroad
Troutville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

This place needs work! Holes in the walls, carpet was sticky and the beds, well if I had driven I would have slept in my car. Tubs are VERY old, moldy in spots as well as the rest of the bathroom area. Sink was so old it was cracked and so stained it appeared dirty. Stated shortly, this place needs work. I am surprised that Wyndham still allows them to fly the Days Inn flag. I hope never to stay in this place again.

Room Tip: Go to the Ramada!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

There was a convention in Louisville during the week, which had all of the hotels filled to overflowing. So, when I arrived in Louisville for a meeting the next day, this was the very last hotel with a room available... unless I wished to drived to Shelbyville, 30 miles away. As it turned out, I should have driven the 30 miles. There are good reasons why this was the very last hotel to be filled. They had only one room remaining, but it was a smoking room. I don't like smoking rooms because of the smell, but I can generally tolerate them for a night and I was by myself for a business meeting the next day. My needs are very simple when I am traveling alone, so I accepted the last room in the place. I am generally very happy with the Days Inn chain when I have stayed in others.The stench in this room was beyond anything I have ever encountered in 5 decades of traveling domestically and abroad. I have been in Cigar stores in Turkey that smelled better than this room. But, OK, I did agree to stay in it so I shouldn't complain, right? The next day I was asked by a business associate at the meeting, if I had started smoking because my clothes and hair smelled so bad just from the overnight stay in that room.

During check-in, the clerk and the signage repeatedly stated that they had a "Full Continental Breakfast" (oxymoron?) that I could visit the next day. When I appeared at the breakfast room the next morning at 08:00, I found it virtually empty. The dried up bagles were the size of a silver dollar. No spreads were avaiable to put on the dry bagles. There were 16 assorted pastries also the size of a silver dollar. There was an empty pot of coffee and a half-pitcher of milk to go with the corn flakes in the hopper-dispenser. That's it. That's the extent of the "full continental breakfast".
Yes, I got the special discounted rate of $135.00 and I am still airing-out my clothes and suitcase from the overnight stay in the stench and I am still smarting from the price of a hotel that is priced 3-times what it should be. Next time, if I find myself in a pinch for someplace to stay, I'll drive the 30 miles to another place rather than stay in a place like this.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business