“Terrible” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #70 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Gilbert, Arizona
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

Stayed here for Breeder's Cup this past weekend. Unfortunately we were not familiar with the area and booked this due to its proximity to Churchill Downs and other hotel brands I would typically use being booked for the event. The other reviews are 100% accurate, the hotel was disgusting, the neighborhood is scary (I wouldn't go outside alone day or night), and it is noisy 24x7 from trains, highway noise and the other guests. Walls are paper thin, and the whole place including the room reeked of smoke despite it supposedly being non-smoking. There was another strange odor going on too, but the cigarette stench covered it up. There are no amenities nearby.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank jojo1492
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Havre de Grace, Maryland, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

My wife and I spent 4 nights in this dump because the I-64 bridge across the Ohio River was closed and we didn't want to fight the re-routed traffic on the other two bridges. Our original plan was to stay in Indiana but we changed our hotel at the last minute when we discovered the closed I-64 bridge...

The smell of bleach was very strong in the bathroom so I'm guessing housekeeping regularly disinfected everything but the appearance of everything was well worn. The room was musty, the corners of the carpet were dusty / dirty, and the window couldn't be opened. On a positive note we found clean sheets and bedding after a through inspection upon arrival so we decided to stay as the hotel was close to the conference we attended where we spent the majority of our time while in Louisville.

We had one really bad night as the occupants of the adjoining room were engaged in very noisy activities and they had their TV volume turned way up... To make matters worse the walls have no sound insulation. At 12:30 am I finally called the front desk...

• Stayed October 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank RoadWarrior61323

Travellers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Perryville,ky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

If you like smelly rooms and yellow towel this is your place.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank BigRed043
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

Stayed there for the Kentucky Derby. Unpacked my luggage when I returned home and found bed bugs. Place was disgusting, but even worse now that I know they have bugs!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank mar4711
los angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

This is one of the better Quality Inn's I've stayed in in the country and I've seen dozens. It seemed to be newly renovated to me with fresh smelling carpet, had a nice indoor pool that looked inviting but I don't swim :). The room was quite nice with a kitchen area (microwave, small refrig.) in the foyer area of the room. This is a huge plus for me since I usually stay for several days. Most Quality Inn's don't have this feature. The room was really good sized and my bathroom and shower was very large too. The breakfast selection was good. The gentleman at the front desk was quite friendly. It's right by the University. There are some fast food places not too far on Preston.There was also a nice guest laundry room on the 2nd floor, another big plus for me. Yes I recommend this hotel and I'll be back.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business