“Luxurious Stay in Louisville”

SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown
Ranked #27 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Ottawa, Kansas
“Luxurious Stay in Louisville”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I recently stayed at the Springhill Suites Marriot Louisville Downtown on business and was extremely pleased with the stay.
I was cheerfully greeted when I went to check in and the lady at the desk exhibited that famous Southern charm and friendliness. She was extremely, courteous and processed my check-in quickly. The rooms at the hotel are very nice and were scrupulously clean. What impressed me most about the room was the size. Besides the sleeping area, there are a couple of couches which allow for several people to be comfortably seated. This was a plus for me as I had a couple of my business associates up to the room for some discussion. We were all quite comfortable. The room included a wet bar, small refrigerator a microwave. Like other Marriot locations, snacks were available for purchase at the front desk.
The bathroom is a bit different from most hotels as the toilet and shower area are split off from each other. The shower area also has a large sink and vanity. The bathroom with the toilet has a much smaller sink. While the makeup isn’t typical, I decided that it was rather functional.
I typically leave a gratuity for the housekeeping staff especially when I feel that they have done a good job of maintaining the room. As usual, I left the money out on my nightstand. When I returned to the room in the evening, I found the cash still sitting where I left it. I am sure that the staff didn’t realize that I had left the money for them, but it signaled to me that I could be confident that the staff was as honest as they were thorough. The next morning I was sure to leave a note with the tip.
On the evenings that I stayed, I made sure to stop by the front desk and ask the clerk to write down an address and phone number for the restaurant that I was going to visit as well as a personal opinion of what I was going to encounter there. Justice, the desk clerk, was very friendly and accommodating and upon my return asked for my comments so that he might be able to pass my recommendations along to other guests. Each time, he addressed me by name preceded by ubiquitous “Mister” that is so commonly used in the south. The hotel is located close to the famous 4th Street area, and was easily within walking distance. It is also located close enough to the highways to be convenient but not so close that you here traffic all night.
There is a $10 per day parking charge, but the parking is covered and convenient. Amenities listed include a free breakfast, swimming pool, weight room and a business center. I feel that I really got my money’s worth during my stay and am looking forward to my next trip to Louisville.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Cargotraveler
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Ulsan, South Korea
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Good, clean, well staffed, downtown location within walking distance of many attractions including the HRC and 4th Street Live. Nice bed linens with great pillows. Shower is separate from commode...nice! Super bath towels! Large sitting area with desk, wet bar, mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Excellent place to stay!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Marietta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Stayed at the SpringHill Suites while passing through Louisville. It is connected on several floors to the Holiday Inn, but this was a little cheaper. The room was spacious and nicely appointed. We had 2 Queens and the pull out coach for 2 parents and 2 young children. We chose the option to include parking. It is very close ot 4th Street Live, but we were there on a Monday rainy night so town was dead. A short drive to Slugger Museum too. Only two complaints, the pool was too cold for parents and the bathroom in the Suite has a translucent door so if you hit the bathroom at night, you are basically turning on the light in the room. Breakfast was good, hot food and better than average pastries.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Gaobmomof2
Mason, Ohio
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Close to Yum! Center; very nice accommodations. Had Hillbilly Tea for breakfast and it was awesome!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I have stayed here several times over the past few months for business. Rooms are nice size and comfortable. The breakfast area/lounge on the 2nd floor is great. I have been able to use it to work with teammates during the day. Within walking distance to many restaurants and 4th St.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business