All reviewsfull kitchenjimmy johnsslugger fieldbedroom suitemoment we walked in the doorbad neighborhoodball gameliving spacelouisville downtownfront desk staffan extended staywalking distancecomfortable hotelparking garagefree breakfastthe rooms were niceper night
Reviewed 12 November 2010

This hotel was great! I read the reviews about it being in a bad neighborhood and that had me worried, but I needed something close to the Yum center and my daughter wanted a pool. We were in from Cincinnati for the Justin Bieber concert. The hotel was clean, the staff was nice and very helpful with directions and places to eat. The streets were packed down to the hotel after the concert and I felt safe walking back at night. My daughter loved the kitchen along with the free popcorn. Breakfast was amazing always stocked with waffles, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, hash-browns, juice, fruit, coffee, yogurt and muffins. After breakfast we went to the pool it was clean we had the whole area to ourselves. Can not wait to come back and stay again!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank kappel22
Reviewed 18 October 2010

The Residence Inn was clean, comfortable, and accessible. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I cooked a few meals in my room during the week and when I needed an oven (rooms have stovetops only), they were happy to let me use their kitchen.
The gym is pretty decent as well - with lots of exercise equipment, open space, and weight equipment. Aerobic equipment isn't exactly cutting edge, but it get's the job done.
On the downside, my bathroom wasn't exactly spotless when I arrived, the sink drain must have been backed up b/c it was very slow, and my room's windows faced a shady looking parking lot and some run down buildings.
But overall - if you are looking for a quality Marriott in Louiseville (with very friendly/accomadating front desk staff), but don't want to spend $250+ per night on the full Marriott, the Downtown Residence Inn is your best bet.
Comparison to other Marriott hotels in the area:
This is the 4th Marriott hotel that I have stayed at in the Louisville area. I have stayed at the Courtyard by the airport, the downtown Courtyard, the downtown Marriott, and now the downtown Residence Inn. Of the 4, my favorite was the full Marriott (clean, comfortable, great view of the city, beautiful lobby, close to nightlife/ shopping/ restaurants). However, the full Marriott is not cheap.
My experiences at both the courtyard locations left much to be desired (however, to be fair, they may have upgraded since my stays, which were 1 and 2 years ago respectively).

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank FussyNewEnglander
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Staff was friendly, room was very clean, and the whole place looked well maintained. They have a great breakfast buffet that's included. They have wifi, but I didn't have my laptop and needed to print something. They have a courtesy computer with printer, which was very handy. Parking is $10/night, which is not bad for a garage downtown.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank mikesavory
Reviewed 21 September 2010

If there is a text book somewhere on how to run a hotel, how to make guests feel great, at home, comfortable, taken care of, well fed, and go above and beyond 110% of the time- then this Marriott Residence Inn on E. Market street would be in it! Mary Pat Hartmann is the GM, and the wonderful "can-do" attitude clearly starts with her and is reflected in her great team. Not only did they take care of any request, any need, and then some - they anticipated our needs. Our daughter loved it, and she made new BFFs with the staff. The rooms were impeccably maintained, the pool and gym were gems. This hotel is ideally located for us, right at the foot of East Market street which is delightful - with great shops, galleries, restaurants. Did I already say we loved our stay? Well, I'll say it again. We loved our stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
sdfgj, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2010

I am very pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn Louisville Downtown. It is always a treat for our entire staff when our guests become part of our Residence Inn family. Our team works hard to provide our guests with the high quality experience expected from a Marriott. It is wonderful to hear that you became acquainted with our charming NuLu neighborhood. The East Market Street NuLu district is having a neigborhood festival on October 3. I hope you are able to join our neighbors and hotel guests in the festivities.

Mary Pat Hartmann

Reviewed 28 August 2010

After a long day of travel mishaps, we ended up at this Residence Inn. The front-desk staff was wonderful. We checked in close to midnight and had to leave at 4:30am the next morning. When they heard that, they said they would have coffee and a brown-bag breakfast waiting for us when we went down to check out and take a cab to the airport. And, they totally delivered on that promise. They were wonderful.

The rooms were nice, the bed was comfy and I slept like a baby, all 4-1/2 hours I was in the room! Thank for you a great end to an awful travel day.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business