“Opened Door To Room Ran Within Seconds” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Louisville

Americas Best Value Inn Louisville
Ranked #75 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Knox
“Opened Door To Room Ran Within Seconds”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

We walked into the lobby not to bad. I'm thinking big city lot of people in and out it will be ok. After the front desk lady get off phone, We ask to see a room before we stay. I ALWAYS DO THIS.. She gives a key to a 3rd floor room. We get to the 3rd floor, all I can say OMG !!! But I'm not sleeping in the hall. I tried to get the door open, my husband tried to get the door open just not going to happen. SO back to the lobby. Once again wait for the front desk lady to get off phone. Tell her that the door will not open, she gives us a key to a different room. SO back up to the 3rd floor. We get the door open turn on the lights. The beds looks like they have been used since 60's. I have never in my life seen that big of stain in my life!!!! It was unbelieveable.. Bathroom was dirty, sheets was dirty. The room was nasty!!! I would have slept in my truck before I would have sat anywhere in that room. I will say it again RUN RUN.. Well back to the lobby we go. Guess What, Yep we have to wait for front desk lady to get off the phone. Told her about the room. I won't say what she did but I will say she was very rude.

Room Tip: Always Look at Room before you Pay.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Theresa V
steve p, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Louisville, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay. We would like you to know that our beds are not from the 60"s, in fact we replaced all of them less than one year ago. We apologize that you did not like our new beds. We have addressed your concerns with our staff and would like to thank you for your input.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Canton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

Spent just one night here at the Best Western, but it was a very pleasant experience. Had driven from Indiana to Louisville for the express purpose of watching horse racing at Churchill Downs. The hotel was pretty easy to find right off 264. Relatively new building, clean, comfortable stay. Had the usual breakfast buffet, including the waffles , cereals, fresh food, juices, coffee, and pastries. Bed was comfortable, not bigtime noise problems. Location as far as Churchill is concerned was fabulous -- back on the highway for like one exit, then just a couple of miles drive to the track. Biggest hurdle we had was finding / deciding on a restaurant. And we had the help of a phone GPS. It was a Saturday night, so didn't think we'd have trouble finding dining, but the problem seemed to be there weren't many choices in the near viciting of the hotel (say a 2-mile kinda stretch , from what we could see). We ended up going down a couple of exits to find a Texas Roadhouse -- we rather would have done local cuisine, but we were happy with the national steak chain.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank erg1929
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with other travelers and we are very happy to hear you were satisfied with your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

The person at the front desk over charged me by almost 200 dollars. I tried to get it corrected, but she said, I would have to wait 7 to 10 days for it to be put back into my account. She told me if I waited to checkout they could correct it then. My receipt showed the correct amount, but my bank account still shows the error amount. Will not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank elrodg
We are very sorry that we can't control how the banks process debit and credit cards. We addressed this issue as quickly as we could but are sometimes at the mercy of the credit card companies and banks. As hard as we try, we are not perfect. We do hope that you will try us again in the future.
St. Augustine, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2010

We stayed here one night on a trip back home from Florida. I found it in my AAA book and called ahead to reserve a room. I agree that it was hard to find, even though it's located right off of the interstate. Our's was the only car in the parking lot, so I suspect we were the only people staying there. This hotel is badly in need of a good cleaning and updating. The carpeting in the room looked as though it hadn't been vacuumed and there were nasty stains.. There were crumbled chips under the bed and the bathroom looked as though dirt had been swept up against the baseboards. We had to take the coffee pot to the front desk because it hadn't been cleaned and there were still used grounds in the basket. The bed itself was clean, and we thoroughly inspected the sheets and bedding to make sure they were clean. Other than the floor, the bathroom was clean. We also paid more for this hotel than we did at any other hotel on our 10 day trip. I was glad to leave in the morning, and we will not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank toried

Travellers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2009

I stayed here the last night of my vacation & admit that my opinion is slightly jaded due to the fact that they had run out of non-smoking rooms & we had to stay in a smoking room which smelled horribly but I can't really blame them as I hadn't confirmed a non-smoking room. The room was clean though so no complaints there.

It was NOT easy to find. I missed the street to turn down because the sign pointing where it was was past where we should have turned left. Thank god for our GPS as it guided us in.

The restaurants nearby were not right across the street but well withnin walking distance, no more than a minute or two.

Overall, I'd say it was an alright place.

• Stayed June 2009