“A Good Find”

Ranked #185 of 1,939 Restaurants in Louisville
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

This is a great lunch place. Good food with blue plate (does anyone do this anymore?). Nice combination deals at decent prices. This place is spotless and the staff are friendly and fun.
Don’t plan on in and out. This place is evidently a downtown favourite, so there might be a line. I’ll keep coming back.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

We were on vacation. Stopped in to get lunch. It was about 2:30 and found that it closed at 3. The gentleman behind the counter (may have been the owner) told us we had plenty of time. We each got the soup and whole sandwich combos. Big sandwiches made to order and warming soups. I think that the soup portions could have been a little bigger. The atmosphere was pleasant. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

My wife and I took a day trip to Louisville to visit attractions downtown. The Main Eatery was recommended for lunch. The restaurant serves soups and sandwiches. I had the half roast beef sandwich and vegetable soup. Well seasoned. A must place to eat when you visit downtown Louisville and want friendly and fast service too!

1  Thank Goukats1
Reviewed 11 April 2017

My husband and I were in Louisville at the Slugger Museum, just down the road. We decided to stop in to the Main Eatery for lunch. It was prime time for lunch (we got there at 12:15) so there was a long line. The person taking the orders at the register was VERY cheerful in a situation where others may be rushed or cranky. I definitely appreciated him making sure we felt welcome. I had the black bean garden burger, chips and lemonade. My husband got the chicken salad sandwich on marble rye bread and chicken noodle soup. We split a cookie. My meal was good, and honestly the only reason I didn't give them 5 stars was because my burger was obviously frozen and made in the microwave instead of homemade. The patty was a perfect circle and one part of the edge was crunchy, as in it had started to warm up too much in the microwave. I'm pretty sure I've bought one just like it at the local grocery store. My husband loved his sandwich and soup. The cookie was REALLY good- soft and chewy with plenty of flavor, didn't taste like butter like so many others do. When we left, the guy at the register called out to us "thanks for stopping by". Again, he made me smile. Definitely worth going to!

1  Thank JAK5878
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

Our family was visiting the nearby Ali Center and looking for a quick bite to eat. This little cafe is right around the corner and quite a delight. We were greeted by a charismatic cashier who had a small conversation with each patron. The menu is simple but robust. Salads, soups and sandwiches are plenty. They have several combos and a daily special. Food was prepared fresh and fast. For three of us the bill close to $30 - reasonable in my mind. We will definitely be coming back on a future visit to the Museum Row area!