“Great Meal - Different Flavors”
Review of Mayan Cafe

Mayan Cafe
Ranked #3 of 1,905 Restaurants in Louisville
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Latin, South American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Phoenix Hill
Description: The Mayan Cafe is a small, intimate space. Photos of our chef's village in Mexico cover the walls. We serve authentic Mayan food in an atmosphere of simple elegance.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Went for dinner and had a great meal. Believe it or not, the lima beans were fantastic. If I knew that someone could make them taste so good, I would have been eating them my entire life. There is also a hummus-like dip made with pumpkin seeds that was delicious. The mains were equally impressive, I had the salmon and my husband had the Mayan salad - both great choices.

Anne S, Owner at Mayan Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thank you both so much for coming in! We sincerely appreciate your support and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Went here for dinner with my husband and 2 kids because it was recommended by Trip Advisor when I searched places to eat in Louisville. It was a great experience and I highly recommend it.
It’s a small, cozy restaurant in a very cute part of town and the food and service were excellent. Right away the server let us know that they didn’t have a kids menu, but they could modify anything on the menu for our kids and yes, they did.
I had a Spaghetti Squash dish that was AMAZING! If I lived in Louisville, I would be a regular just because that dish wash so delicious! We also had guacamole as a starter and it was very good as well. It had grilled corn pieces in it and the onion wasn’t overpowering. If you like guacamole, you will love theirs.

Anne S, Owner at Mayan Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments after your dinner with us. We are so glad you enjoyed everything! We just made a few tweaks to that spaghetti squash toss entree a few weeks ago, so I'm very glad for your positive feedback. Thanks for bringing your family in, and we'd love to see you all again soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Stopped in for a late dinner with the family. We weren't real hungry, so we didn't all get entreé's. The black bean cakes and chips with guacamole were great. My wife and I both ordered the salmon, and it was a generous portion and tasted excellent. No complaints.

Anne S, Owner at Mayan Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thanks so much for coming in, Stan. We're really glad you enjoyed your meal! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

The mole on the duck is very good. Empanadas were alright, the plate looked great. The service was stellar!

Anne S, Owner at Mayan Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thanks so much for your feedback! We are really glad you enjoyed your meal!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Never a disappointment - definitely one of my LOUISVILLE favorites! The food and service are excellent. The Lima beans (yes, I said Lima beans) are a must have - they are the best I have ever had. I have brought people here from all of the US and they leave raving about it. I would highly recommend that you make reservations, as it stays consistently booked and you don’t want to miss out. Enjoy!

Anne S, General Manager at Mayan Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Sara,
Thank you so much for your kind words! We really appreciate your support and you bringing other folks in to dine with us. We hope to see you soon!