“Amazing Antiques”
Review of Joe Ley Antiques

Joe Ley Antiques
Ranked #70 of 211 things to do in Louisville
Reviewed 20 July 2017

The word which came to mind over and over again as I explored each room was "amazing". It is like being in a museum as well as an antique store. For starters, the building itself is beautiful and interesting. The volume of his inventory is unbelievable. I know all other antique experiences will pale in comparison after visiting this store. Joe and his employees are very friendly and helpful. I do recommend you visit in cooler weather. Only the first floor is air conditioned. There are three floors, the basement, and the warehouse. Had it not been a hot July morning, we would have stayed longer, and we stayed three hours! For those who love antiques, history, or just seeing unusual items, this place is a must.

2  Thank dukeoflotus
in 4 reviews
"merchandise"
"treasure"

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

I spent a day in downtown Louisville and thus place was on a saved list to visit, and it did not disappoint. So much to look at and see.
I am not an avid collector, however love to find items that will add to my home. I found a tin piece that was perfect for my husband's man cave!
The building is great as well and I recommend spending a good amount of time there.
Please note the upper floors are not air conditioned, the day I went it was 90 degrees outside, the inside was just as hot if not hotter!

1  Thank amy m
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Great selection and friendly staff. We stopped by just to check out the antiques in the shop. The staff are friendly and helpful and we weren't disappointed in the selection. Definitely will return!

Reviewed 7 March 2017

We've been going to Joe Ley's for over 30 years, whenever I go to visit my family in Louisville. We've bought salt cellars, stained glass windows, and many antique lamps. Lovely people and a fascinating store. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Zelda G