New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Louisville Marriott Downtown

Louisville Marriott Downtown
Ranked #8 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Philadelphia
“Very Nice Hotel in the Heart of Louisville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

My wife and I had a very nice stay at the Marriott Louisville Downtown when we were in town for the Kentucky Derby. Our room was nicely appointed, clean, and comfortable. We had drinks in the BLU bar and lunch in Champion's Sports Bar. Service and food was very good in both cases. Our group also had a catered dinner in one of the hotel's private rooms after the Derby. Again, food and service were very good. The hotel staff was very friendly, and there always seemed to be someone offering a greeting or a complimentary Mimosa when we walked through the lobby. Although I'm sure the hotel was booked for Derby weekend, it never seemed overly crowded, and the check-in and check-out process was fast and easy. I would certainly choose the Marriott Louisville Downtown the next time I am in Louisville.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LvilleDTMarriott, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Dear Derby Guest,

Thank you for sharing comments from your recent Derby Experience. We are excited that you enjoyed the energy of this special weekend and will share your comments with our team at the hotel. We hope you had some luck at the track and look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Director of Sales
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Derbyshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. My room was large with a fab comfortable bed. I was on the 12th Floor with a view of the river. The sports bar was a good place for a drink and breakfast was good too. The room was clean and everything was in working order. Check in was quick and easy as was checkout. If I was in the area I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LvilleDTMarriott, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thanks you for the compliments to the hotel regarding your recent stay and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future and appreciate your testimonial.

Best Regards,

Director of Sales & Marketing
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

Convenient down location, contemporary design, rooms are nicely appointed, nice sports bar and restaurant(Blu) in lobby. Get a high floor room with a river view.

• Stayed April 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

This hotel has very friendly staff, it's clean, the beds are comfortable and it has a great location.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LvilleDTMarriott, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your stay and glad that you enjoyed yourself, the friendly staff and the comfortable bed. We look forward to your next visit to Louisville.

Best Regards,

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed at the Louisville Marriott Downtown over the weekend for Thunder. I was very disappointed in my room, which cost me almost $300 a night. The floors were dirty, the bed was uncomfortable, and I had a beautiful view of an abandoned white building. The real kicker was being charged $63 to self park in their parking garage for a two night stay!! I was told at check-in that parking would be $21. Not $21 a day!!! Then I was charged for a three day stay. I arrived after 5:00 on Friday and was checked out by 9:00 on Sunday morning. The only decent customer service I received the entire weekend was from Jacob at Valet parking. I was told that I had to wear a bright orange wristband all weekend to gain access into the hotel. When asked why... I was informed that it was to keep out the "riff-raff". I will be returning to Louisville next year, but next time I will be booking at the Hyatt across the street!! We all work very hard for our money, and I expected ALOT more than I got for the amount of money I spent. As of the writing of this review I still have not been reimbursed for the $21 that I was overcharged!! Spend your money wisely.....don't stay at the Marriott Louisville Downtown!!!

• Stayed April 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Estebon68
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and we are disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us during the recent Thunder weekend. Due to the amount of visitors over that particular weekend and a large convention in the hotel, we had limited rooms available and none of our standard weekend discounts. If you can contact me directly at paul.kiley@marriottlouisville.com and provide me with your contact information I will follow up to see that the incorrect charges to your account are rectified.