“Eh”

Ranked #665 of 1,912 Restaurants in Louisville
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Was looking for a place for quick lunch and stopped here. Not impressed. The girl at counter taking orders didn't seem to know the menu very well. She answered all my questions with I think so, but I'm not sure. Food was quick. Chicken in the quesadilla had no seasoning and a weird flavor. I ended up picking the chicken out, which left me with just a cheese quesadilla with nothing else. Ordered tortilla chips which had a word taste to them. Salsa didn't have much flavor and guacamole was horrible. Tried to get Sprite to drink but it came out yellow.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

I stepped into this colorful little spot on a whim. I was headed to another late lunch location when the street sign for fish tacos caught my eye. Several other folks were in the restaurant so in I went. The counter service was prompt and friendly. My three fish tacos were delivered to my table a few minutes later. My food was hot and fresh out of the kitchen. I got one of each style fish taco-baja, blackened, and grilled. The portions were good, plenty of fish (not flakes of fish hiding under cabbage) that was nicely seasoned. I had a little scoop of guacamole to accompany which was okay. The salsa bar green sauce was a great accompaniment. The price for the meal was quite reasonable at $12.50 for the 3 tacos and a drink. I wound up chatting with the owner for a few minutes, and he seems like a super nice guy interested in a quality product. The restaurant was clean. If I weren't just passing through town, I would become a regular!

Reviewed 17 June 2016

Delicious every time which have been dozens and consistently fresh. Would recommend highly to families as well as single folk to grab a great meal.

Reviewed 7 June 2015 via mobile

I thought I had gone back to the 60s , interior colorful, fiesta beach look...but was pleasantly surprised at affordable prices, friendly & knowledgeable staff. I asked counter staff what would she recommend that would be fresh, tasty, healthy & fast. She asked how hungry was I? It was extremely hot outside & so was I, so I said not overly. She suggested their house speciality - fish taco, one filet. I must admit I had only had a fish taco once in my life before this adventure, but decided to try again. I am so glad I did. It was prepared & brought to my table. It was literally a work of art. I dove into it. The fresh shredded cabbage not lettuce other colorful veggies w a delightful sauce over a huge lightly battered fish filet was refreshing & very filling. Sorry no photo, I inhaled it. This is a definite return stop especially if one goes to Baxter Ave cinema right next door. Try this place for a different calm peaceful enjoyment as a difference from a noisy Mexican chain restaurant, no matter what age you may be. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 21 May 2015 via mobile

This little cafe is the best! Fresh food, friendly staff & quick service. I had to walk by an over-crowded Q-Doba to get there & I'm so glad I did!