“Bourbon & Fried Chicken”
Review of Dish on Market

Dish on Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Dish on Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 1,938 Restaurants in Louisville
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, Diner, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Fifth and Market
Reviewed 20 February 2018

We stopped in for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and cocktails (who could decide?), as we'd heard good things about this place. It wasn't busy at all when we arrived, but there was a line to get in when we left. It looked like a whole lot of nothin' when we walked in and sat in the bar area. Our booth was small for two couples, but the men like sitting in the bar. My old fashioned was perfectly prepared. Our bartender server was prompt, efficient, and fun to chat with. The best thing anyone ordered was the fried chicken. It was perfectly crisp on the outside, moist and tender on the inside and not greasy as all. One of my favorite things was the "Presidential Breakfast". See the photo for details. Will definitely return next time we are in Louisville!

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Brought a large crew on a Saturday night. We reserved a room well in advance and arrived on time. We were seated and our orders were taken. We had one server for 30 people so it took a long time. I ordered their signature bourbon drink which was strong and sugary. I also ordered the chicken club. The chicken was he roughest prices of meat I’ve ever encountered. Seriously inedible. A review of the others who are their revealed they found the same about their meals; that they were not great. The salmon on the Caesar salad is the size of a golf ball. They were very nice about separate checks. We were all charged a 20% gratuity but encouraged by our waiter to add more.

Overall they were very accommodating for a large group the majority of whom were teenage boys and they are great for that. I’d order basic or just get drinks if I went back.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I am in love! Its loud, the music is perfect, the service is outstanding and the food is the best I have had in a long time. This is a must do when in Louisville!!
I ordered the Bloody Truman, WOW! Superb.
We had the Nachos appetizer, best nachos I have eber eaten. Not just a simple layer of "the good stuff" on top, it was literally in the last bite i took. Through and through there was meat and cheese and beans. Havent even gotten to the main course and I dont need to, the waitress and hostess are amazing. You will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed 5 February 2018

We stopped here mostly because it was close. The fried chicken was amazing. I felt it was a little pricey but good.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

My wife and I stopped in here one Sunday evening on our way home from Southern Indiana. It is a really neat place visually with a well stocked bar and extensive menu. Only a handful of people here, so our waitress was attentive and pleasant. We both ordered the Hot Brown. I must say, this is one of the worst sandwiches I have ever paid for. The turkey seemed like lunch meat, and the white bread had the texture that it had come off the shelf of Wonder Bread day old store. The waitress said to be careful because the plate was hot, but no problem there. It was lukewarm at best. Maybe another menu item would have been different, or maybe because it was a slow Sunday evening downtown with very few customers, but this is not a restaurant I care to try again.