We usually meet our daughter and her family in Bowling Green, KY but this time we chose to meet in Louisville. We were there for 4 nights. I requested 2 rooms (one king and one double) to be close to each other and no-smoking. Upon check-in, they had indeed, put us across the hall from each other on 4th floor. When we went into our room, we noticed that the room was "connecting room" so was wondering if we could use that other room for our daughter's family. Found out the occupants had checked in the night before. Would have been nice for a notation to have been made to have those two connecting rooms for us, but guess they only look at notes the morning of check-in.
Both rooms were clean and fairly spacious. Bathroom/bath tub was clean. There was some small problems with dog barking underneath one of our rooms. Which brings to mind that this motel had more pets than I have seen in previous Drury Inns. Waited for "next" elevator, as I am allergic to dogs and did not care to ride on elevator with them. This occurred on several occasions. Most people who take their pets with them have pretty well behaved pets, but they also need to consider some people do have allergies and some don't appreciate hearing large dogs barking while in their room.
Part of the 5th floor is "smoking", so some of the rooms on the 4th floor do have a chance of having smokers above them. Elevator coming down from 5th floor to 4th floor was filled with smoke smell many times. Can't do much about that unless they go to all no-smoking rooms, which some motels have chosen to do.
It was clean and the staff was very nice to all of us. The manager and asst. manager helped keep the eating area clean. Had to ask for tables to be cleaned only one time during our 4 night stay. They have a nice arrangement in the lobby so that bar stool/tables are out in the open, making the eating area not quite so crowded.
The pool and hot tub were nice. There has to be a Pool Attendant on duty whenever someone is in the pool or spa, so keys do not work unless attendant is there to open door. (Louisville City Ordinance.)
There are restaurants close by (Bob Evans and Olive Garden right outside the door practically) which is good in case you want something different.
Another good stay for us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Inn & Suites Louisville East is located off I-64 in the Hurstbourne area, an east Louisville suburb just 20 minutes from downtown Louisville, the Louisville International Airport and The Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs. Guests enjoy a free, hot breakfast every morning and free hot food every evening at our 5:30 Kickback(R). Cold beverages are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Louisville East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Louisville Hotel Louisville
- Drury Inn And Suites Louisville
- Drury Inn Louisville
- Drury Louisville
- Drury Inn Hotel Louisville
- Louisville Drury