“So very close to 5 stars”
Review of Doc Crow's

Doc Crow's
Reserve with OpenTable
Doc Crow's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 1,938 Restaurants in Louisville
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Cross street: 2nd Street
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Based on things I’ve heard, I really expected and wanted to give Doc Crow’s five stars. The Heapin’ Chips appetizer was outstanding, as was the Mint Julep Lemonade I enjoyed. Others in our group raved about the fried oysters appetizer. The sides were phenomenal (cheddar grits, lima beans, braised greens, mac and cheese, hush puppies, baked beans) and generously portioned. The only problem was for the three in our group who ordered the St. Louis ribs. While meaty, the ribs were very dry. They seemed overcooked. Maybe boiled prior to smoking. It was disappointing because everything else was so good. We’ll go back, but just won’t order the ribs next time.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

This was a neat spot. Food was great. I love the building. I love the menu. My burger was great. Mac n Cheese was good. Bread Pudding was the beat I’ve ever tasted. Service could have been a tiny bit better but i would still return to try more on the menu.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

The wife and I had dinner here before a event at the Yum Center. The waitress as friendly and accommodating. The wife had a spinach salad and I had pork chop with mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, hush puppies. We also had fried oysters as a appetizer. Everything was delicious. I thought it was a little overpriced but was expected for downtown restaurant.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

One word ... SPECTACULAR ! Get an old fashioned made by Molly at the bar. One of the best we've had and we've had them many places. We had the fried oysters, fried catfish and the half rack St. Louis ribs. All DELICIOUS! If you are trying to decide where to go... this is a great choice! Laurel S. did an outstanding job coaching us on menu items and making suggesting. Doc Crow's ... give Laurel and Molly a raise!

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

A friend and I in town for a conference enjoyed Doc Crows on our arrival night. A nice chill atmosphere on the weeknight that we visited made conversation easy. I had some tasty pork tacos as my entree. My friend had the pork chop which looked delicious and he thought it was great. I tried a couple of bourbons which seemed fairly priced. I purposefully got the tacos to leave room for dessert. I had the derby pie and I would recommend it! Large portion, almost like two pieces. Texture was a little drier than traditional derby pie but I liked it a lot and the taste was wonderful. Overall an enjoyable experience and I would definitely go back!