“First time, perhaps not last”
Review of Sake Blue

Sake Blue
Ranked #243 of 1,886 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 17 March 2018

This was the second time I tried to visit this restaurant, and as with first, there was a wait. This time I stuck it out, and in the end, it was worth it. The wait was primarily for the hibachi grill seating, as it is possible to get regular menu seating more easily, but this was the reason for the visit. This was later in the evening, about an hour or so before closing and a weekday to boot, so I can only imagine getting seating on a weekend.

Overall, the food my signifcant other and I was quite good - she took some of hers home for lunch the next day. The available fare was similar to what I had seen in several other Japanese steak houses, all prepared in a group setting. The goodness of the food alone would encourage a return visit.

If there was one drawback this evening it was the tardiness of our chef. Not sure what the problem was but he did not make an appearance until well after all that would be seated around our grill had been so. Our waiter even had to go and find him. But, once present, he was entertaining and as I said, the food was quite tasty.

On the assumption that this is not the norm (and it didn't seem to be based on other grills within sight of ours), I will likely return.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

We ordered take out for a family birthday meal. We ordered two plates exactly the same. The person taking our order only submitted our order for 1 plate. When the order was brought out, I told them there should have been 2 plates. The girl at the counter did not apologize, acted like it was our mistake when we clearly stated what we wanted. They told us it would be another 15 minutes for the second meal. It ended up being another 40 minutes and the girl that brought the second meal to us dropped it on the counter and said "here." They charged us full price, the other plate had been sitting for about 45 minutes so it was cold. They offered no discount, no apology, just a rude attitude. Of course the manager was nowhere to found. If I could rate our visit a negative 10, I would!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We ate here with friends and 6 children. Sushi was amazing and environment was fun! We sat at the hibachi grill and all of the food was great!

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

You will normally wait, but it's worth it. Easily the best hibachi in town. Sauces are fantastic and everything is seasoned well. Sushi is very respectable. Better than most.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

This Japanese restaurant is well hidden in a strip mall, but well worth the visit. Wonderful decor, friendly and efficient staff, excelllent food. Though we just ordered from the menu, they have hibachi tables where you can sit and have your meal prepared before your eyes.

Been to Sake Blue? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK