“I Believe It Will Get Better...”

Neighborhood Services
Reserve with OpenTable
Neighborhood Services is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #590 of 1,886 Restaurants in Louisville
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The restaurant (located in the Omni hotel) was freshly opened when we visited. There was some good and some bad with our experience at Neighborhood Services.

First...the good:The food was very good. I had the chicken and waffles and I would certainly have it again. So, food being very good is a great place to start.

Now...the bad: "Bad" may be a bit extreme. It's probably more "below average". The service staff seemed very nervous. I don't know if it is just lack of training in a new restaurant or if the manager is really tough, but the wait staff, bus staff, water guy all seemed on edge. Second, the bourbon list was messy. For anyone that knows bourbon (and there are a few in Louisville that do) the errors on the bourbon list make the restaurant look like they don't know what they are doing. There were also several items on the list that they didn't have, which seemed odd considering they had just opened.

There were enough positive signs for me to believe that they will get things where they want them to be with a little more practice. I'll likely give it another try, but there is a lot of restaurant competition in Louisville so I hope they get it right quickly.

1  Thank Keep_A_Happy_Wife

Reviewed 2 April 2018

For breakfast in downtown Louisville, it looked like our options were limited, so we stayed in the Omni Hotel. Interesting breakfast selections. Unfortunately, i chose the corned beef hash. It was "home-made" but the corned beef was tough and the potatoes were over-cooked. My wife's simple scrambled eggs with bacon were very good. Great bacon. The sourdough toast came out cold. Service was a little slow. If I were back at that hotel,I might try it again, but it is not worth a trip.

1  Thank Douglas H
Reviewed 21 March 2018

We have been missing Neighborhood Services Restaurants ever since we moved from Dallas to Louisville. So were we excited when we heard Neighborhood Services was coming to Louisville in the new Omni Hotel. Of course, we got there as fast as we could, because in Dallas, NS is so popular, it's often hard to get in during peak hours. The new Louisville Restaurant promises to live up to the NS reputation. We went on a Sunday during their opening week when the brunch menu was being served. Our waitress Courtney was friendly, fast and attentive. Our table ordered shrimp and grits, the breakfast burger and a smoked salmon plate and enjoyed passing them around to savor the flavors. NS's slogan is "Honest Food & Drink in the American Tradition" and the new Louisville restaurant lived up to that expectation. We can't wait to go back for the dinner menu. Sure to become a new hot spot in the Ville!

1  Thank HansonTravels