We *loved* the staff. They were great. Fantastic. Very pleasant. The hotel was nice, off the beaten path by hundreds of yards. There were restaurants in the immediate area.
The room was nice (with the exception of mildew in the shower curtains) and even quiet, which we were surprised about, being so close to the airport.
We went to a wedding at a winery and when we got back to the hotel, we shimmied up to the bar for a good (Kentucky Ale, ice cold!) beer and sandwiches. We loved that. We weren't that excited about the breakfast brunch option that morning. Some of the hot foods weren't. I ended up eating a yogurt and a cup of skim milk, setting the "hot" things aside - we regretted not ordering from the menu instead.
We left feeling like we enjoyed ourselves, until we got home and realized we may have left something behind. So I placed a call about it and was asked to call the next day. I did and left a message. No one returned my call. I sent them email; that too was not returned. I ended up having to order a replacement in the absence of communication. Because of this, it makes it hard to give value to service. The staff that took care of us were excellent. The followup service after we left was unimpressive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to One of the Best of Louisville Airport Hotels! Set in the heart of Louisville's convention, sports and airport districts, the newly built, smoke free Holiday Inn Hotel at Louisville Airport - Fair / Expo has an ideal location. We're less than a mile from the Louisville International Airport (SDF) and near the attractions and businesses of Louisville, KY. Our hotel is a few miles from attractions like Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom and the world-famous Churchill Downs & Kentucky Derby Museum. You can spend the day cheering for the University of Louisville's Cardinals at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium or visiting Freedom Hall at the Kentucky Fair & Expo Center across the street from our hotel. The Louisville Zoo and local parks are just a few miles away. Business travelers benefit from our hotel's location near the Kentucky Fair & Expo Center, UPS, Ford, Brown & Williams, Louisville Naval Ordnance Station, the University of Louisville and other businesses in Louisville. Lodging here gives you access to our 1,892 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space and a 24-hour business center. Our exceptional hotel in Louisville features Kem's Cafe & Lounge, an indoor, heated pool and a 24-hour fitness center. For a well-appointed room with free high-speed Internet access, triple-sheeted bedding, a 32-inch LCD HDTV, a large work area, a microwave and a refrigerator, call our Louisville, KY hotel today to reserve a room for your next stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Hotel Louisville
- Holiday Inn Airport And Fair/Expo Center