All reviews priority club ihg properties prompt service big boy yogurt sausage very nice hotel the entire hotel clean rooms nice stop plenty of food decent breakfast exercise room staff was friendly stayed one night a great place to stay back home
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We stay at Holiday Inn Expresses very frequently. This was the worst experience we have ever had. Place had a horrendous smell. Upon walking in my husband and I asked what was the oder? The front desk clerk said he could not smell anything so he did not know what the odor was. This oder was so strong how he could smell it is very strange. My husband said there was a dead body and they were trying to cover the smell jokingly!

The desk clerk never welcomed us or recognized us as a gold card frequent visitor member. Never made one friendly or nice comment. He was not busy as the hotel was dead! After going to our room the bed was about 48” high. My husband uses a walker and there no way he could get in this bed. I am 5’ and it came to my shoulders. We called the front desk and said bed was unacceptable for us. We asked if they had a handicap room. He said beds in all rooms were this high in the entire hotel. How could a person in a wheel chair get in that bed? We said we were leaving and he would cancel our reservation. Upon departing he never said sorry, apologized in any way or offered to help us find another hotel. I asked if there was another hotel in the Intercontinental chain in the area? He said he did not know. I asked if I could get something in writing that we were not being charged. He said he had nothing he could give us. He finally gave the cancellation nr on a little piece of paper (about 1/2” x 3”). I asked for his name? He said Copper. I asked if that was 1st or last name? He said first name. He would not give me his last name or initial. Never said goodbye! We went to the Comfort Suite across the street which was $20 less expensive and a nicer room!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dorothyhydepark
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites London, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Hi dorothyhydepark,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would like to address this with you further and have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Hotel was good, staff was up to date. Honored IHG requests for room preferences and room was large and well kept. Bed was soft which was issue for spouse. Would recommend this hotel as good location and close to Big Boy which was excellent place to eat and will cover in separate review.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Overall this is a very nice Hotel, prompt service, nice rooms. Fairly easy to get to, but the parking lot is a little different and it is a little difficult to get out of depending which direction you want to go.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Super05269, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites London, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Express LONDON.

GSM
GM

Reviewed 3 September 2017

We found this hotel to be clean and located in a safe area convenient to I-75. Our room was very clean and the furniture was modern. Nice flat screen TV. The shower was excellent as was the sleep quality. Breakfast was adequate and the staff was attentive. The only problem we encountered was that the overhead light/vent in the bath did not work so it was a bit dark in there. Upon checkout we brought this to their attention.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here overnight during a long road trip. Our room was very large and clean. The entire hotel was updated. It was easy to access right off the interstate. The breakfast was a normal holiday inn style breakfast. I would recommend staying here.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple