“Great food, nostalgic ambiance, and friendly people”
Review of Tack House Pub

Tack House Pub
Ranked #129 of 946 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I was joined by two colleagues for a business discussion and breakfast at the Tack House Pub. The service was terrific, and the food was delicious.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

I had about one day in Lexington Kentucky
while we're waiting for rooms (hotel)we decided to go get breakfast

They have outside patio seating and the temperature was perfect maybe 70-75°
That's where we decided to eat.

When We walked up I noticed a woman drinking a Bloody Mary. I asked how it was and she claimed it was amazing

so of course I ordered the Bloody Mary
it comes with a shrimp a Dillpickle lemon lime and olives

I Believe there us some horseradish in the actual bloody Mary mix as well

I ended up ordering corn beef hash and three over easy eggs with Sour dough toast

bloody Mary was delicious.

And I ate all of my breakfast to include the toast

Best corn beef hash I've ever had

Virginia was our waitress she was a sweetheart. And made sure we were squared away.

The other staff was more than helpful if Virginia got busy.

Also received tips on where to go while I was here in Lexington

Over all

Top notch food and amazing service

Highly recommended

Reviewed 12 August 2017

I requested a coffee refill a few times and with each request the time the waitress took to respond grew longer and longer. It is a small restaurant and she walked past my table with a coffee pot several times on her way to other tables. The message I got was we had been there long enough and it was time for us to move on. Additional cash was added to the tip laying on the table as I realized we were continuing to talk for a while after we had finished our food. The last cup of coffee was lukewarm and filled with grounds.

A pity really, the food was really good.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

This is a hidden gem--one of our family favorites. We consider ourselves regulars. The environment is always welcoming and the food is great. The only negative is the acoustics inside the building. It's a little loud at times and people with hearing aids have a difficult time hearing. This is must.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

We happened upon the Tack House Pub while heading for a different restaurant. We had eight in our party, saw the location we had originally picked was packed, and one in our group mentioned they knew about a place we could all try that they had heard served really good food. We weren't certain that the Tack House Pub was open...they thought it might only serve breakfast and lunch...but it was open and we gave this restaurant our business. They have recently begun serving dinner on Wednesday through Saturday...they serve Breakfast and Lunch everyday of the week.

The restaurant is behind Ramsey's off Harrodsburg Road, and has indoor and outdoor tables. The site is very clean and attractive and they easily sat our party of eight. The service was top-notch...our waitress was friendly and very attentive to our needs and requests. The entire staff were equally friendly and made the evening a very relaxed time for us.

The food was excellent!! The menu has enough variation to allow anyone to find something to satisfy their taste-buds. They have starters, soups and salads, sandwiches and entrees...we focused on the entrees. Everything was well prepared and seasoned just right. They were fine with requests for more or less seasoning on any of their items. The breakfast and lunch menu really looked tempting too!!

The prices are very reasonable...only one entree over $14 and that was the crab cakes... They have all the drinks including beer, wine and mixed. They had a beer special and a Moscow Mule or Kentucky Mule special too...FYI...these were drinks:-)

They have a tempting dessert menu that changes daily. We were all too full to do more than just listen to what they had...

The atmosphere was perfect for over dinner conversation.

This place is a winner and certainly should be added to the list of places you should try when in Lexington, KY. We will absolutely be back!

Been to Tack House Pub? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK