All reviewsred milesitting areauk campuseggs and sausageclose to downtownbagelsnice hotelbusiness tripwould stay here againroom was spaciouscontinental breakfastan older hotelthe staff was friendly and helpfulexercise roomindoor poolsinkdesk
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Hotel is really nice but under construction currently. Jackhammers started at 830am Saturday morning. Sure it will nice when done. I would have no problem booking at a later date once construction is finished

Stayed: December 2017
Justin B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lexington Near the University of Kentucky, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the SpringHill Suites Lexington Near the University of Kentucky with us.

As part of our continued commitment to renew our property décor, we apologize for any inconvenience our recent transformation may have caused. Redefining our guest suites, will elevate the guest experience so we can continue to create new memories with valued guests like you.

Once again, sorry for any inconvenience this transformation may have caused and we hope to reveal our refreshed hotel with you, whenever your travels bring you back to Lexington.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Not one hotel has ever been our go to spot til now, though my family work for this company, they still exceed my expectations everytime. The desk is always always is very very upbeat and get what i need done everytime. The housekeepers are also very kind and do a great job at everything. I ALWAYS USED O KEYWORD USED TO clean my rooms before settling again bc the housekeepers werent good the 1st time, but thank goodness now I dont have to. The only thing Is the bfAST could be lil better and the pool and hottub could be open 247, but other than that thank you all for being so great and makin my moms funeral and the extra accomidations were done

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Justin B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lexington Near the University of Kentucky, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Heather,
I'm sorry to hear the nature of your visit was not under the best of circumstances. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel. Our staff works hard every day to ensure valued guests like yourself receive top notch service during their stay. I will be sure to share your kind words with our team and let them know about your glowing review.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

So I’m a Marriott loyalist. Like over 100
nights a year with Marriott. So this is where I found myself for one sad and lonely night.

Look. And I can go on and on about the colorless walls. Or early 90s decor. But that would just waste your time. Just pass.

Apparently there’s a full service Marriott outside of town the people like. So maybe stay there, if you enjoy Marriott burgers and wings as much as I apparently do.

Ok. The lady at the front desk that checked me in was super nice. But literally everything else was of Super 8 quality.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Justin B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lexington Near the University of Kentucky, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Tara B,

I am very sorry our current appearance was not what you had anticipated. We strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. Unfortunately, this sometimes requires essential renovations in our guest areas.

We are currently about to undergo a major renovation of our guest suites and common areas. This is sure to provide a highly functional space and stylish décor that meet the modern needs of our valued guests, like you.

Although we fell short of meeting your expectations during your past stay, I hope you will consider SpringHill Suites Lexington Near the University of Kentucky on your next visit to Lexington so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

We went to Keenland for the day and this hotel is close to the track. The hotel was very clean. Rooms were nice, the bathroom is a little outdated and the toilet seat was broke. Love that they have room service. We didn't use it, but nice option. The hotel is close to UK and bars and restaurants. We used Uber an didn't spend over $8. We go to Keenland every May and Oct and this is my new hotel. I will see you guys in the Spring..
One more thing, you can heard the people above you walking around. It's an older hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Justin B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lexington Near the University of Kentucky, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Brandie B,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. The Keeneland season is one of the best times to visit Lexington! I am glad to hear you found our hotel to be a convenient location to all the activities you had planned. It is very nice to hear that we will be your go to hotel when you need accommodations in Lexington.

I have exciting news in regards to your visit next year. We will be undergoing a major renovation staring this November. This will include a complete update of all our suites and common areas. We look forward to celebrating our refreshed design with you in Spring of 2018!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at the Springhill at other locations and was not disappointed. The room was much smaller than expected as well as the pool area. It definitely needs updating. The breakfast was only decent. Their saving grace is their staff is what I have come to expect from Marriott.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Justin B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lexington Near the University of Kentucky, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

RonQuick182,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Most of our travelers find the sitting area that accompanies the sleeping section an extra treat they normally do not see at other hotels in our range. I am sorry to hear that our suite did not seem spacious enough for you. It is also disheartening to know that you did not find our indoor heated pool and spa to your liking.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your interactions with our staff. My team works hard day and night to provide top notch service to our guests. This winter we will be undergoing a renovation to all our rooms and common areas. If your travels bring you back to Lexington please join us as we celebrate our refreshed design in Spring of 2018. We appreciate your input and wish you the best wherever the road takes you.