“Visiting daughter @ UK/trip to Keeneland Races also.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington Northeast
Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Booked this hotel as well from Trip Advisor reviews,price was right room very clean,front desk very helpful too! Parking free and not a problem.Stayed in Lex.once before at the Lexington Hotel and Convention Center downtown near Rupp this was a much better $$ value.Driving to downtown from here was maybe 5-10 minutes tops.No bar avaialble but not a problem their is an appleblees in the lot next door.Keeneland race course is nearby and a great day is always had there!! Close to freeeways and the Bourbon Trail is maybe 1/2 hour tops,also a good stop! Free breakfast isn't great but completely serviceable.Leaving to go home was also good because of the freeway being right there! Swimming pool also clean.Would try here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sharkman122
walkerw2, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

We always like to see another happy guest come from our Award Winning Holiday Inn Express. It warms me to know that guest like you are finding our hotel to be in a great location for many different opportunities. If you did not know also next to the Applebees right next door is many other selections for restaurants so that if you ever come back to see us, as we hope you will, you will have some variety. Zaxby's(Chicken) , Taco bell, Wendys, El Mariachi's(Mexican) , Happy Panda(Chinese), Orange Leaf (Frozen Yogurt), and Fire house subs are all just a few minutes walk away. I also see you took advantage of some of Lexington's top trills. Being so greatly placed in Lexington make our hotel a perfect spot to rest while quickly running over to Keeneland Race Coarse which is just about 5 miles away, Downtown which as mentioned roughly 5 minutes or so, The bourbon trail, and also all major highways are close such as I-64 and I-75. Please think of us on your next trip through to see your family in Lexington as guest like you are who made us 2010 and 2011 Torch Bearer Award Winners!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Our one night stay at this Holiday Inn was excellent and also a great value. We stopped in Lexington on Christmas day on our way to West Virginia and were very pleased. The front desk attendents were both courteous and helpful. The exterior and interior of the hotel were attractive, inviting, and well maintained. Rooms were spacious enough to accomodate my wife, 2 children, and myself easily. The in-room ammenities were a plus as well, and included a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Our room was on the first floor, so we did not use the elevator and therefore cannot comment. There is a heated indoor pool and a small exercise room that has a couple of treadmills and a bike. Unfortunately, we did not have time to take advantage of either. There were a variety of both hot and cold food options at breakfast and the staff was very friendly and even provided trays to take breakfast to the wife and kids back in the room. We will definitely stay again if the opportunity arises!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CGDPharmD

I would like to first off say Thank You for choosing our hotel to stay at on your way back to West Virginia. I hope that the next time through or around this area you will stop in and stay with us. I'm sorry that you or your family did not get to take advantage of our Indoor heated pool as it is a great hit with the kids and just for a relaxing swim. Also our fitness room with our 32 inch flat screen TV so that your can keep up with the news or your favorite TV show while going for a nice exciting jog. I know that being away from home especially on Christmas day is not idea, but hopefully you felt like we were your home away from home with our Award Winning Staff and our beautiful hot and cold express start breakfast bar. Please say hello to your family from the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Lexington NE and again as mentioned before we would absolutely love for you with your family to come back to our Torch Bearer Hotel.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I have worked in the hospitality industry for the last 10 years and I expected top notch after reading other reviews but from the time I walked in nothing went well. The hotel is beautifully decorated but the front desk help was maybe a 2 out of 10. The woman at the desk never said hello and didn't put my priority number on file when I gave her my card..I went to my room and found that the TV did not work, called the desk and a young man said to give him 5 minutes and he would be up. After waiting an hour I went down and found the manager who very apologeticly came up and fixed it. He also added my priority number to my
info. The towels are rough and the pillows lumpy.
The breakfast attendant makes the hotel. She was great. Food just your average express
breakfast.. The hotel has a card in every room asking for a 10 rating(tacky) sorry I don't see it. Maybe a 5 at most.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank ladyboater55
Reviewed 9 November 2011

This is the nicest Holiday Inn Express I have ever been to. The rooms and the hotel itself were very clean and bright. Beds were very comfortable and the room included a microwave and refrigerator. The hotel is very new, however, you can tell they didn't use quality materials. The elevator was creaky, some of the doors wouldn't shut properly, etc. But overall this wasn't a big problem as we enjoyed the room. Breakfast was great with a wide variety of options and pretty good qualify food. The employees could be a bit friendlier. The hotel is close to major highways. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jennifer K
Reviewed 6 November 2011

This facility is the best place that I have ever found for consistancy of service, cleanliness and staff who is willing to make your stay enjoyable. They are very highly rated nationally and it is obvious why! From the minute you walk in the door you notice the difference. If this place is not Number One, I can't even imagine what the ones ranked above must be like. Keep up the good work Holiday Inn Express Lexington NE!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple