“Great ambiance, good food, curtous service, but...”

Blacksmith's Bistro
Ranked #6 of 46 Restaurants in Unionville
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Had not visited this bistro since the summer when it was busy and packed with clients. Over the years, we have made this bistro, one of the destinations we told folks to join us at, we were never deceived.

I was wondering when we arrived at 7pm why the place was empty. As expected, food was great, all of us enjoyed our different meals. The server was extremely polite, pleasant and aware of the menu's details. The decor was nice, such a nice place. I recall thinking how lucky the owner is to have such a nice place.

The wine was promptly delivered, after the salad, two of our four main meals were served. After a couple of minutes, I suggested to the other couple to start before their meal goes cold. It was not after my friend who was eating slowly eat half her large pizza, that our meals arrived with no excuses!

Only then I understood why I could not get a reservation next door and why this bistro does not have the attendance it use to have. I learned my lesson, as many others already did, obviously!

2  Thank Yvon B

Reviewed 1 March 2017

chose Blacksmiths because it was 1/2 way between Newmarket and Whitby for a sisters lunch. Couldn't have made a better choice. The food was beyond amazing with flavour, flavour, flavour! The chef is truly creative with his food pairings, brie, cheddar, house made fig jam and baby spinach ... beyond average grilled cheese sandwich - spectacular, I just can't say enough. We will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

I have been here many times for lunch and dinner.
A bit pricey but to me it is well worth it.
Have tried many pasta dishes and The Blacksmith's Patter,Delicious.

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

Our "go to" restaurant for the past 8 years. The food has been consistently delicious and we've always been made to feel welcome. Great for couples, double dates, ladies night out or a nice afternoon lunch.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

I attended Blacksmith's on 2 successive nights. The first with my colleagues and the second with my wife. Both times the service was exceptional and the food delicious... I am embarrassed to say I over ate both times! Calamari grilled to perfection. Salmon tartar is full on taste!