“Family fun”

Kentucky Down Under Adventure Zoo
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun and interactive animal park. Many Australian animals including kangaroos, as well as other North American Animals. Cave on site, included with admission price. Fun for the whole family.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Best part of our vacation. Loved the kangaroos. Well worth the visit. The workers were all very friendly and informative. Recommend renting a golf cart to get around which are available at the facility. Cave excursion was educational and easy to get around in.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

I started off impressed before we ever arrived and they told us on the phone earlier to get their tickets on groupon and save. Ok...did that, thank you! We park to see a white bison greet us at the fence..my son is in awe and we haven't left the car! RENT A GOLF CART. It is so fun on their wooded paths. The staff here is engaging, glad you're here. Their dogs just wander around and make you feel so at home. Biggie and Loner stole our hearts. They'll even hitch a ride with u on your golf cart if you're lucky. The cave is small but wondrous! Do not wear sandals...unlike mammoth cave this is a thrill to walk thru..tight squeezes, amazing underwater river...we did it twice it was so fun. The kangaroos ...wee saw all the signs.."ever pet a kangaroo?" For three days before we went while in the area. It became our inside family joke, have you ever had a kangaroo? The answer was no. Ask me tomorrow. We are home now and upon waking up I asked my son, ever petted kangaroo? He sat up straight and said why yes Mama! From the horses, to the zebra, goats, wolves, dingoes, the amazing sheep herding dogs, just everything about this place was absolutely amazing. I cannot believe how uncrowded it was. We will definitely be back and we'll get there at open and stay until close and pack a lunch! I'd like to take a moment to thank everybody at Kentucky down under for making our day a day we will never forget!

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

It was a nice outing with our grand son. He had a great time especially getting to feed and pet the kangaroos. All of the staff were nice, helpful and friendly. It's small, but you can spend several hours there or just a few and still do other activities around the area. Most all of the attractions in the caves area close at 5:00 pm.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

This was such a cool place. I was visiting bowling green ky, and decided to go a little farther north. And so glad I did. It was such a cool experience to get to touch and feed majority of the animals. I told all my friends and family about it and can’t wait to go again.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

We were expecting something amazing with a $26 admittance fee. Most zoos I have been too are much cheaper, and nicer! The best part is the chance to walk with and pet kangaroos. The kangaroo whisperer claims it is the only zoo where you can actively touch the kangaroos. You are allowed to walk off the trail and seek them out. The kangaroos were very friendly. It was great. The rest of the zoo is very shabby and seems poorly maintained (the exhibits and such). One rock wall in a pasture was broken and it just had a fence laid in front of it. Very small, and it took us a total of 45 minutes (including the kangaroo petting) to finish it all. I would not go again.