Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
fantastic place with kids

we enjoyed this friendly park with my son and family nice relaxation place to roam around with... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
nraghaven
Louisville, Kentucky
Emus are a-holes.

This is my 8 year old autistic son’s new life motto! An emu ran up, but his hand, and stole the cup... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Michelle B
Greenfield, Indiana, United States
via mobile

All reviews cave tour golf cart sheep herding exotic birds animal shows feeding the lorikeets kangaroo exhibit border collie pet kangaroos check groupon bird area gift shop animal lovers perch farm animals small cave gem mining
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

I started off impressed before we ever arrived and they told us on the phone earlier to get their tickets on groupon and save. Ok...did that, thank you! We park to see a white bison greet us at the fence..my son is in awe and we haven't left the car! RENT A GOLF CART. It is so fun on their wooded paths. The staff here is engaging, glad you're here. Their dogs just wander around and make you feel so at home. Biggie and Loner stole our hearts. They'll even hitch a ride with u on your golf cart if you're lucky. The cave is small but wondrous! Do not wear sandals...unlike mammoth cave this is a thrill to walk thru..tight squeezes, amazing underwater river...we did it twice it was so fun. The kangaroos ...wee saw all the signs.."ever pet a kangaroo?" For three days before we went while in the area. It became our inside family joke, have you ever had a kangaroo? The answer was no. Ask me tomorrow. We are home now and upon waking up I asked my son, ever petted kangaroo? He sat up straight and said why yes Mama! From the horses, to the zebra, goats, wolves, dingoes, the amazing sheep herding dogs, just everything about this place was absolutely amazing. I cannot believe how uncrowded it was. We will definitely be back and we'll get there at open and stay until close and pack a lunch! I'd like to take a moment to thank everybody at Kentucky down under for making our day a day we will never forget!

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

It was a nice outing with our grand son. He had a great time especially getting to feed and pet the kangaroos. All of the staff were nice, helpful and friendly. It's small, but you can spend several hours there or just a few and still do other activities around the area. Most all of the attractions in the caves area close at 5:00 pm.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

This was such a cool place. I was visiting bowling green ky, and decided to go a little farther north. And so glad I did. It was such a cool experience to get to touch and feed majority of the animals. I told all my friends and family about it and can’t wait to go again.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

We were expecting something amazing with a $26 admittance fee. Most zoos I have been too are much cheaper, and nicer! The best part is the chance to walk with and pet kangaroos. The kangaroo whisperer claims it is the only zoo where you can actively touch the kangaroos. You are allowed to walk off the trail and seek them out. The kangaroos were very friendly. It was great. The rest of the zoo is very shabby and seems poorly maintained (the exhibits and such). One rock wall in a pasture was broken and it just had a fence laid in front of it. Very small, and it took us a total of 45 minutes (including the kangaroo petting) to finish it all. I would not go again.

1  Thank stargoddess1684
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

First things first...the attraction to this place is the kangaroo exhibit. I mean, where else can you go to interact with, feed, and pet kangaroos? It truly is the highlight of the visit. Now on to the reason for a four star review. Without a Groupon, admission is a bit pricey in my opinion. One small gator in a small pen. The park is small and needs updating. The bird exhibits need to be spruced up. The alligator exhibit was honestly, kind of pitiful. They offer golf cart rentals for those who cannot tolerate all of the walking. The problem I saw was the golf cart folks and the families with small children walking did not mix well on the same path. The golf carts should have a designated area and the people on foot should have a designated area. I felt like I was constantly dodging a cart! Moving on to the positives. The staff was very friendly from admission
to the cave tour to the kangaroo exhibit. The cave tour lasts about thirty minutes and is a nice attraction within an attraction. The real gem of this small park is the kangaroo exhibit. You can purchase Dixie cups of food for one dollar each and feed the kangaroos and emus. It really is a treat to interact with these animals in an enclosed area. I was surprised at how friendly the kangaroos were. They were not aggressive at all. You can walk right up to them and hand feed them. They will let you pet them and their fur is so soft. They do have some very friendly dogs that roam freely throughout the park and occasionally will lay right next to you if you are sitting down. The lemurs and lorikeets were fun to observe and they each seemed to have nice enclosures. All in all we enjoyed our time at the park, but it would be nice to see some updates! We spent close to four hours there in total. Definitely something to do at least once!

3  Thank Danna G