Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fun place

Awesome place very friendly staff. Enjoyed feeding and visiting with the animals. The cave was... read more

Reviewed yesterday
judys218
Hardyville, Kentucky
via mobile
fantastic place with kids

we enjoyed this friendly park with my son and family nice relaxation place to roam around with... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
nraghaven
Louisville, Kentucky

All reviews cave tour golf cart sheep herding exotic birds animal shows feeding the lorikeets kangaroo exhibit border collie pet kangaroos check groupon bird area gift shop animal lovers perch farm animals small cave gem mining
Reviewed 19 August 2012

If you are looking for a quiet, uncrowded attraction the kids will love, this is the place to go!! Our kids enjoyed seeing all the different animals, and we even got to pet kangaroos!! The reptile show was very interesting, and they absolutely loved being able to get in the cages with all the birds to feed them. Also, the cave tour was a nice extra bonus! May want to eat before you go or pack a lunch because there was not a variety of food options! Take advantage of every show you can because this is what makes the attraction so interesting! Our boys were 7&9 when we went, and we all enjoyed this as much as any zoo we have been too! I would definetly recommend this place, and if we are ever in the area, we will definetly go again!

Date of experience: September 2011
1  Thank AMANDA H
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This place was a little run down, but the whole area is "a little run down" and I wasn't suprised. We did have a fabulous time though. We enjoyed feeding the birds, petting the kangaroos and watching the reptile show. The cages for the birds seemed inadequate, but I am not an expert in that area. The food was a rip off, but I expected that when I didn't come prepared with a packed lunch, so I suggest you pack yours. There is a great picnic area. We waited 35 minutes for 2 tiny burgers, a hot dog and chips...at $28.00! The cave was neat but a 45 mintue tour?!?!? HARDLY! This cave tour could have been completed in 5 minutes if the guide didn't ramble on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on and on about how we shouldn't touch the sides or throw anything into the water. His humor was not humorous and there were SEVERAL comments on how he needed to "get going" and stop rambling. We all felt like we were 8 year olds beind told what to do..over and over and over and over and over....yep, pretty repetative and uninformative. The guys doing the reptile shows and the kangaroo exhibits were fun and knowlegdable. We didn't get to see the sheep as the other exhibits were going on at the same time. We were bummed and didn't want to wait the time it took for another show. Overall, we had a great time. It was a good ending to a great vacation. It is a bit overpriced, but I am sure it takes a lot of money to run that place. Some of the employees seemed like they were just going through the motions but others were nice and upbeat. The cave is a little hard to get around in for little kids, and I am not a nervous nancy, especially since this is a place for small kids too and the grounds could be better kept. It was worth it though. Although I probably wouldn't go back again, it was nice to go at least once.

Date of experience: August 2012
Reviewed 7 August 2012

So much fun, our family could have spent all day there. Four hours wasn't enough for us. The caves are beautiful and all the animals were adorable. Can't get enough of that family fun time stuff in, but I'm glad this tourist attraction is here for all of us to enjoy.

Date of experience: April 2012
2  Thank Julie E
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We kinda thought this would be a tourist trap, but myself, wife and kids loved it. The cave tour was really good and the zoo was good too. My kids loved the bird area where the birds would land on you to eat. Finished the whole thing in about 4-5 hours.

Date of experience: July 2012
2  Thank scott101699
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Wonderful for children and adults, alike. Interaction with animals is a plus for children and adults . It is nothing fancy, but the staff is very knowledgable about the animals and the cave. Cafe's food is fairly decent for a tourist attraction. Allow yourself most of the day, if you want to see all the shows/attractions that they offer. The cave tour is only about 45 minutes, but they have some very pretty formations. and of course local history. If you have never visited a cave before or have small children, this is a good starting point to see if you like being underground.

Date of experience: May 2012