See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 September 2017

this used to be our go to place when we visited hazard, getting sketchy, dirty, poorly maintained ..ice machine broke...vending machines broke...inability to reach staff numerous times,A|C made horrible racketbreakfast depleted of virtually everything by 8;30...know this is a budget hotel ,not the four seasons,but who runs out of coffee cups? Last time staying there :(

Room Tip: if you choose to stay there...there r pick nick tables in breeze way if you want to set outside
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2016

I wasn't expecting much when I got a room here for my family. However our road was flooded, we couldn't get home, and I had to do what I had to do. Apparently it has new owners, so YAY!!! Very friendly, helpful staff, rooms were older, but they were clean, which is really all that matters. They had a nice breakfast the next morning, and a woman I am assuming to be part of the new owners was a total sweetheart!

Room Tip: It looks like it could get a rough crowd, its right off the highway and I noticed a lot of people wanted to hang outside.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank amandabrntt
Reviewed 9 September 2016

I had a confirmed reservation for a smoking room with 2 beds. Upon arrival, we we told the room was not available and were placed in a room which was nonsmoking with one bed. There was a refrigerator, microwave, coffee service, television and alarm clock in the room. Only the tv and refrigerator were plugged in, and there were no plugs available for anything else. We had to go downstairs to get a second set of towels on both days. Their breakfast was not edible. It condisted of sliced bread, cold biscuits, gravy from a mix sitting in a crock pot and a few yogurts in a bowl. We asked where the exercise center was and were told it was not availabls, and was being used to store furniture. There was furniture in the parking lot and hallways the entire time we were there. ,,, There was an odor of cat urine as well.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank ladiephoenix
Reviewed 26 July 2016

I was traveling solo on a motorcycle road trip and stopped in hazard for a night.. My gps thought this was a super 8, and I think it probably was at one time.. When I first walked in I noticed a musty smell and almost left. The lobby seemed older and run down. The woman working the desk was very friendly and helpful. The room was only $45 and went down to $40 with a discount.. The room was a nice surprise.. older looking I suppose, but very clean and smelled fresh. The air worked great.. The TV had some static, but cleared up after about 30 minutes and then was fine..

The parking lot was very well lit at night and monitored by cameras, which is a concern of mine when traveling by bike..

I slept well at this hotel, I would stay here again and recommend it to any traveler looking for an inexpensive clean place to get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank 4everlost
Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

Friendly staff, clean rooms and on main highway so very convenient. Close to shopping and restaurants. Have had better continental breakfasts but not bad. Downside is no elevator and beds not so comfy with too small pillows. This was our second time there. Rooms are being renovated but for the single guy, young couple, or family on tight budget it's fine. No pool for kids either.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank KevinH3088
Sally F, Manager at American Elite Inn Hazard, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2016

Kevin,
Thank you for letting us know how your stay at the American Elite Inn was. I am happy you enjoyed your stay here outside of a few issues. Please know that the American Elite Inn is striving to improve its service each day with our ongoing renovations. We have recently added to our breakfast area fresh waffles and are open to ideas from our valued guests. We hope you will stay with us again on your travels through the city of Hazard.
Sally Ferguson