“Average hotel undergoing an overhaul”

Days Inn Harrodsburg
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Harrodsburg
Reviewed 29 September 2016

I was there to do some rock and mineral collecting with some fellow mineral collectors from a few different states and we all stayed at this hotel, mainly because the rates were much more reasonable than hotels in Danville, which were like twenty to thirty dollars more a night. The pool was atrocious looking but we were not there to swim...the rooms were clean and spacious with a sofa included, the staff friendly, it met all of my needs, bed was comfy and we were able to walk next door to the Golf Resort Restaurant for our evening meals and even one morning for breakfast, as the breakfast bar in this hotel left alot to be desired. The workers were replacing the carpet in the hallways and repainting the concrete floors, and they did get a bit of an early start each morning, but we were up early each day so it didnt bother us much. this hotel sits a mile south of Harrodsburg on Hwy 127 and maybe half a mile south of the bypass. if you drive in from the north, be sure to take the bypass around Harrodsburg, it will save you about 20 min of driving thru town which can be stoplight city.

Room Tip: if folks are loud and partying, do not get a room/suite near the elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 September 2016

We had 2 rooms reserved for 2 nights. For one of the rooms, the door to the room was falling off the hinges. The room smelled like a smoking room, even though it had a 'non-smoking' sign on the door. The second room was worse. The pull out sofa was broken and I fell through to the floor when I laid on it - no I am not fat. The dresser drawers were all broken and the fronts of the drawers fell off when I tried to open them. This room also smelled like smoke and was said to be a non smoking room. The front desk staff was less than welcoming as we interrupted her watching her TV show in the lobby. When we thought we were going to try to stay there, because there were no other options within 20 miles, the desk clerk took me down to the linens room to get sheets for the mattress of the pull out couch, that we were just going to put on the floor. She also gave me a can of almost empty air freshener, "cuz they need it a lot". After discussion with my family and many phone calls, we were able to get two rooms in another hotel (NOT a Days Inn) 25 minutes from our event. It was totally worth it. I acknowledge that the Days Inn room was only $70 a night but this was inexcusable! I've stayed in cleaner hotels for less money!! Avoid this hotel at all costs!!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2016

Stayed 3 nights as I was in town for an event. If it was absolutely horrible I wouldn't have stayed, but that said, it wasn't the best. I got to know the (new) owner a bit and he has only had the property for a few months and is extremely short-staffed and turned out to be a nice guy. But he is very stressed and that showed during check in when he said he had no reservation, even though I had the confirmation and was a bit short tempered with me. He did find a room in the end, and it was enormous and the dog was very welcome by the few staff working there. It's an older hotel and the interior is showing its wear. The room itself needed a deep clean, light switches and fixtures were grimy and table had not been wiped down. The shower had not been cleaned when I checked in, but the owner came and did it himself after I asked. I had patio doors to the pool, but they are so old they have no track left, and it was a major effort to wrestle the door open and closed. The pool is very nice and kept in pristine condition by the friendly pool man. There was no front desk staff one morning at all, but I know the owner was trying to do everything himself. But despite all this, I felt very comfortable there and enjoyed the relaxed, do-it-yourself if you need more towels atmosphere. You'll be perfectly happy here if you're a relaxed traveller and roll with the punches. But if this kind of thing would drive you crazy, then I would suggest a different place until the new owner gets everything sorted out. I do him and his young family the best and I did enjoy chatting with him about staffing and hotel king.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2016

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 7 August 2016

The owner and staff were excellent. The most kindest people I have ever meet. I had a medical emergency in which the owner/operator was so kind to not only myself but helped out my wife. He returned to the hospital to pick me up but reassured my wife that everything was going to be alright. Went the extra mile to make sure we were ok and I just can't say enough about the owner and the kindness that him and his wife showed to us. Top notch people, you will never find any better.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family