See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 September 2018

The room was nice from first appearance, looked clean and stocked well but the beds were hard as a rock. Honestly, I think the floor would be more comfortable. The room looked like it was freshly remolded, which was nice but I was not happy when I woke up and found mold growing in the coffee pot. We ended up at the gas station to get fresh coffee. I was also not impressed with the fact that there was no breakfast included and it was over $20 to feed 2 people. Not happy. The only other problem I had was the people below us partied outside half the night making it hard to sleep on the rock they called a bed. Next time I will find another hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Great experience! Golf course is average at best, but the price is great and the staff is very nice and friendly. The rooms are fine for the occasion. The lunch menu is pretty good and the dinner buffet is pretty average. I go on this trip with a group of 20 and we have a ton of fun every year!

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

What a great experience! If you are looking for an all inclusive golfing experience at a family ran business then this is the place for you.

My best friend's wife bought him a 3 day 2 night golfing package which included virtually unlimited golf and 6 meals at their 19th hole restaurant and she purchased a package for me as well.

We checked in the lobby at 930 on Monday morning and got our room key and we were on the tee box by 1030 for 36 holes of golf. We played 36 the next day and then 18 Wednesday morning before heading back home.

EVERY employee there from the owner to the dishwasher treated us as if we were VIPs. There are 4 generations of family members who help run the golf resort.

The pro shop is nice and the course is well managed considering it age which I believe started in 1963. The large hotel rooms are clean and adequate...the food is good.

If you are looking for a top PGA U.S. Open type of course and 5 star resort type of accommodations then this place isn't for you...but if you are looking to have a FUN type of all inclusive golfing experience then this place is a MUST. It is well worth the money.

I hope I get to go back again soon and visit my new found friends at Bright Leaf Golf Resort.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2018

Our local yacht club decided to have our annual dinner dance at this resort, and although it's fairly close to our home we opted to stay the night. Neither my wife nor myself play golf - so we have never ventured into this resort - although have driven past it many times. And the parking lot always seems full.
And again last night the hotel was full - and we overheard some of the golfers raving about how good the golf was.
However imagine our surprise when we checked in to find that nothing is computerized! The reservation system seems to be slips of paper - consequently check-in took at least 30 mins because there were a couple of people ahead of us.
The room is standard 1970's decoration, and the bathroom is minute! If you are slightly large you may not fit in! Also the bath towels are the size of postage stamps!
The restaurant is a good few hundred yards away from the building we were in - fortunately it was not raining. I cannot comment on their food - as our meal was catered by an outside source.
NOTE - THIS IS A BYOB. No alcohol licence, but you are free to bring your own.
They also provide outside grills - so you could bring your own food and cook it, and I noticed that some suites had kitchenettes.
This is a golf resort - and in consequence mostly full of men - and they like to drink. I was woken up at about 3am by some men making a lot of noise!! The walls and doors are thin - and sound seemed to carry very easily.
Given the popularity of this place - the golf must be great, but I do not think we will be returning there..

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Four Couples spent Saturday and Sunday at the Golf Resort in early October 2017. We played 18 holes on Sat. and 9 on Sunday morning. The course is in excellent shape but the holes are long and there is lots of water. There are many challenging holes. We ate dinner at the Beaumont Inn. The rooms at the resort were fine and the suite was very accommodating for snacks before dinner and breakfast the next morning for our group . The beds were very comfortable and I would recommend this resort for great golf, good fun and a nice weekend with friends. The pool was closed as well as the restaurant. We would come back again. AGH

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple