“Disappearing Waitress”

Roxie's Restaurant & Catering
Ranked #23 of 140 Restaurants in Elizabethtown
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 17
Description: Roxie's Restaurant & Catering & Full Service Bar. Roxie's serves German Schnitzels, Jager Schnitzel, Holstein Schnitzel, Wiener Schnitzel, Zwieble Schnitzel, Cordon Bleu Schnitzel, All You Can Eat Catfish, Southern Fried Chicken Livers or Gizzards, Ribeye and Sirloin Steak, 1/2 pound Justice Burgers, and Breakfast all day.
Reviewed 15 July 2018

After the horrible time I had finding a parking space to eat here, I thought I was in for a nice meal experience when 2 staff behind the desk cheerfully welcomed me into the restaurant with a statement to sit anywhere I pleased.

Boy was I wrong. The waitress (Shelly) arrived to take my drink order, which was water. Told her I needed a few minutes with the menu. She came back pretty quickly with the water, plunked it down on the table no where near me and hurried away. Okay.

I'm ready to order and no staff are anywhere to be seen. I wait...and wait. Finally 2 women came from the rear, one with a stroller and my waitress carrying a baby in her arms. They chit chat for bit and the woman with the stroller leaves it behind the cash register and walks out. Finally, my waitress sees that I am need of some service. She comes to my table with baby in her arms (really??) and asks if I am ready to order. I tell her I am and as I give her my order, the baby is drooling down the front of her top. Eww.

She then goes to the cash register, where the other staff member has reappeared (I thought she was going to hand the baby off), but then realizes that someone else is seated in her area, as she turns back around, the baby upchucks on her sleeve...she tells the people at the table behind me that she will be just a minute...as the other waitress gets a wet towel and cleans off her shirt and takes the baby.

I had ordered an appetizer and when it arrived, she plunks it down on the table, across from me, even though I'm the only one at the table and leaves. It was an order of pretzel bites, almost burnt to a crisp, with beer cheese, which was so heavily laden with peppers it was way too hot for me. I thought I might ask if they had another option for the cheese, and I could salvage the bites, but she doesn't reappear until she has my meal.

I tell her to put it in front of me. She plunks it down and leaves. Wow. Doesn't check to see if my appetizer is any good, doesn't glance at my water glass, which is almost empty. I ordered the salmon with mashed potatoes and broccoli. The salmon was nicely done, the potatoes and broccoli were stone cold. I am looking for her again - no where to be seen. I wait until my salmon is almost as cold as everything else and decide to eat it and get out of the place, once I can find her to get my ticket.

At least she didn't have the baby back in her arms, but who knows what is going on in the back in that place. Should have left when the she took my order with baby drooling on her. Lesson learned.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 4 June 2018

We had a large group and everyone really liked what they ate for lunch. Our server was very friendly and helpful. It took a long time on a Saturday to get our food. We killed time by walking around the square, reading the historic markers, seeing the old buildings, and spotting the civil war cannonball in the brick side of a building. Prices seemed on the high side for the area.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 14 May 2018

First off, let's just say we went here for Mother's Day brunch. There were only two tables when we got there, so it was not busy. After taking a good 10 minutes to look over the menu we decided to place our order only to find out the one thing I wanted (chicken & waffles) couldn't be made because they were out of waffle mix. So I asked if they would just substitute french toast. They did. It was a hefty price tag. $3.99 for ONE obviously previously frozen chicken tender and $6.99 for 4 slices of french toast with nothing but butter on it and syrup on the side. That was IT. My husband's western omelet was okay and as my son said, "this food is okay but it definitely isn't work the money or time to get it." We were however pleasantly surprised with the fact that they were giving away free dessert of your choice for mother's day, so I split a NY cheesecake with my son and our server was friendly, otherwise I'm not sure I'd rate this as high as I did.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

We live to go to Diners when going through places. The prices were average, the servings were large for what you pay for. Best friend mushrooms, goodness and the sandwiches were fresh and delicious. Highly recommend stopping. They also have a full bar and desserts sound amazing

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

First, it was close to the Brown-Pusey House and The Historical Museum. Since it was convenient to walk to and that I was able to get a table immediately was a huge plus. The pick two of a 1/2 BLT sandwich and a bowl of soup(mushroom) for $7.99 was an inexpensive option. Service was friendly and courteous, however, the kitchen appeared to be a tad slow getting food out. Nevertheless, it was a good experience altogether.

Date of visit: March 2018