All reviews breakfast staff a great place to stay stayed here staff was friendly fireplace caves noise shower tournament beds
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Love the healthy breakfast: egg white omelet, turkey sausage, yogurt, walnuts, whole wheat muffins, fresh fruit, etc. Mattress perfect. Nice workout room great yoga mats and ball. Really love the water bottle refill at the fountain.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Joshua W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Elizabethtown North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown. Your input is very important in helping us to continue providing our guests with fantastic service and accommodations.

I am very happy to hear that your experience while staying at our property was fantastic and that you were able to enjoy a great and healthy breakfast and our superb exercise facilities. We strive to provide excellent service, and accommodations to all of our guests and are happy to hear that we were able to make your experience one to remember. I will be sure to share your review with our staff to let them know how great of a job they are doing and to keep up the good work.

As always, thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Elizabethtown area.

Joshua White, Night Manager

Reviewed 31 May 2018

My daughter had a room reserved for 2 nights. We have attempted to cancel the first night because we will be delayed in getting into town by a day. We called 72 hours prior to check in date and were told we cannot cancel the room. When we advised we wanted to file a formal complaint. We were advised we should wait until after our stay because it could impact our stay (in the way we were treated). I have never been threatened by a hotel chain in any way, this was unheard of to me. Worst customer service of any hotel I have been involved with. We are avid travelers and this was the worst ever.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Vanessa H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Elizabethtown North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear mphaup13: For over 10 years that I've been with our company, we have prided ourselves on our standards, from pillowcases to customer service. The way we do that is to take guest feedback seriously, especially extreme cases such as this. We will certainly look into this matter, and it would be helpful if you would email me a way to speak to you personally at: vanessa@ahhmgmt.com. Whoever you spoke to does not speak for our commitment to great customer service, and I hope to have the opportunity to replace your experience with one that we are accustomed to providing. We hope to hear from you soon.

Vanessa Henshaw
Director of Operations

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I am a Spiral Elite member so I stay in a lot of IHG properties.

This is at least my fifth time staying at this hotel. Overall it has the potential of being a very nice hotel, but the management and staff are quickly making the place not reach its potential and thus less desirable. Front desk is often understaffed often leaving signs saying they will be gone for several minutes. Also, remember front desk staff are the first folks you see when checking in - several of them need to learn to welcome folks when they enter the building.

Cleaning is well below average. There is a musty odor already in hotel and it is just a few months old. Hair was all over my bathroom! Nasty!!! Too large of an investment to not stay on top of items.

Last time I was here, there was not breakfast served as there was no staff to prepare the food - however there were no room discounts even though breakfast was included!

I sincerely hope management takes the reviews serious and makes quick improvements!!!

Room Tip: Opposite side of interstate is quiter
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank EBR1968

Dear EBR1968: As a Spire Elite Member myself, I often use many of my hotel experiences as teaching and learning opportunities in attempts to make our hotels better. I can assure you that our standards reflect my own standards, and cleanliness is certainly at the top of the list. We absolutely take our reviews seriously, and we sincerely appreciate your input. It is disheartening to know that a guest has stayed with us five times and we still can't get things right. We encourage our guests to give us feedback during the stay as a way to make those quick improvements and to enhance our efforts to make a guest's stay better, on the spot. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel as we continue to make improvements, with the gift of guest feedback as a main tool for improving. Should you decide to stay again, please reach out to myself or one of our managers so we can rebuild what was lost and personalize the experience. Thanks again for your feedback.

Vanessa Henshaw
Director of Operations

Reviewed 21 May 2018

We stayed here while in town for a tournament. The hotel is very new and there are several new employees, especially at the front desk. We had several issues that popped up in checking in and room issues. However, once it was brought to their attention, they worked to correct things and make them right.

The hotel is very clean and has a real modern feel to it. The rooms were nice and there were two great patios that could accommodate groups. Not too far from the Elizabethtown Sports Park. The breakfasts were also good.

If they can get things straightened out, this should be a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ryan V
Joshua W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Elizabethtown North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Hi Ryan!

I want to begin by thanking you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express North in Elizabethtown, KY. Your opinion is very important and lets us know how we are doing and what areas we should concentrate on improving.

I am sorry that you had issues while checking in. I know the check-in process can set the tone for the entire stay and I'm glad that, although there were some issues, our staff rectified them in an efficient and effective manner. I apologize that we weren't able to make your visit a perfect experience, but I appreciate your understanding in the matter.

I hope that you will give us another chance on your next visit to the Elizabethtown area as I know we will exceed your every expectation.

Josh White, Night Manager
(270) 982-9466
jwhite@hie-elimr.com

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

We had been staying at Holiday Inns for our whole trip because we knew we'd get a nice, clean room. Well this place is basically brand new so it's even nicer & cleaner. Really not a whole lot else that needs to be said other than the continental breakfast is excellent as well. There are plenty of cheaper options in town but there isn't anything nicer than this.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Joshua W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Elizabethtown North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

I am very happy to hear that your experience while staying at our property was fantastic and that you were able to enjoy a great breakfast and our superb facility amenities. We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations to all of our guests and are happy to hear that we were able to make your experience one to remember. I will be sure to share your review with our staff to let them know how great of a job they are doing and to keep up the good work.

Joshua White, Night Manager