All reviews hot tub steam room afternoon tea amuse bouche croquet lawn brasserie menu master room coach house on arrival glass of champagne full body massage cream tea relaxing break double shower scones country house lounge area
Reviewed 4 February 2018

We came as a family for Christmas. The welcome was perfect with immediate help with luggage and invited to our rooms, no skulking behind reception desks, whatever level of staff everyone helped guests to have a great Christmas. The rooms were spacious and spotless, the housekeeping standards were superb and this is not a new building. The food was excellent although I agree with another reviewer the taster courses were sometimes a little slapdash in recycled mustard pots and other unusual containers. The service could be a bit slow but they were catering for residents and non residents and perhaps the number of course although appreciatecmay have been a tad over ambitious given the numbers but that is only a very minor niggle. But the pre dinner nibbles with drinks were a lovely touch. All the staff were knowledgeable about the food and indeed the wines. What was so special was the attention to detail, excellent quality of Christmas decorations, crackers etc and the Santa gifts on the doors on a Christmas Eve, mini drink, chocolates and carrot for the reindeer. The following morning we all had a further generous gift outside our bedroom doors. The spa was a treat, outside jacuzzi ( bubbling away in the snow ! ). The steam room, sauna etc plus the beautifully warm pool with the power jets and jacuzzi spots was a lovely addition to our holiday. Christmas is difficult to get right, some want to be left alone to relax, some want a house party atmosphere with ice breaking session etc but Greenways got it just right, groups were made up, others stayed alone and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves the only group activity as such was the quiz. We particularly enjoyed the fact that there was fruit, nuts and chocolates laid out in the dressing room. I understand that a new manager last year has made great improvements, certainly all the staff were happy and good at their jobs. Very hard to fault - we have booked to return.

Room Tip: As far as choosing a rroom difficult to say as they are all very individual.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
DGMCheltenham, Manager at The Greenway Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear dev0nexpl0rer, Thank you for your recent review. It is great to hear what a lovely time you had with us. I have noted your comments and will discuss with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Dined here using a gift voucher for Sunday Lunch. Warm welcome on arrival and shown through to warm lounge for drinks and a chance to look at menu. Small but interesting choice of starter, main and dessert. Shown through to colder restaurant area to rear of building which on a sunny day would have had wonderful views of country and hills beyond. However on our day of visiting the weather was inclement and a combination of heavy rain and strong winds meant that sitting in the tables by external windows proved a little chilly. Pulling some curtains resolved the comfort issue but lost the diners their view out.
Service was excellent overall although it appeared to vary between tables ( were some diners residents perhaps? ). The food was both enticing to look at and good to eat with my delicious roast beef coming with the largest Yorkshire pudding I have seen in some time. Starters and Desserts were also good. Drinks were a little expensive perhaps.
Would be interested in returning for Afternoon tea but on a much warmer day in the summer, although I understand this would have been served in the lounge.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
DGMCheltenham, Manager at The Greenway Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear SloughWanderer, Thank you for your recent review. I very much appreciate your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your lunch with us and I do appologise if you found the dining room a little on the chilly side. I do very much hope we can welcome you back for both lunch or an afternoon tea in the near future.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

About 3 miles South of Cheltenham, hotel, spa and restaurant. Visited for dinner mid week. Food was good, decent wine range, petit fours etc. Only criticism was there inability to make good tea! Far too many leaves inserted into the pot!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
DGMCheltenham, Manager at The Greenway Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear 99PSB, Thank you for your review of your recent time with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your meal with us and I shall certainly look into your comments regarding the tea personally. I do hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Beautiful main building, staff helpful and welcoming. Tastefully decorated and clean.No lift or disabled facilities whatsoever. Unfortunately had to stay in gate house which was by main road so very noisy, could not sleep as traffic continuous, had to drive some half mile to main house for meals going out in the cold each meal time or for access to spa.No hand rail by bath, no shelf in shower for shower gel or soap. Food very good quality. Definitely not a hotel to use if you are disabled or cannot walk well.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
DGMCheltenham, Manager at The Greenway Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear 43dog, Thank you for your recent review on your stay with us. I am sorry that the room was not explained to you more clearly and shall certainly discuss this with our reception team. I am glad that you enjoyed your meals and that you found the staff helpful and welcoming.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

I visited this hotel for lunch and it lived up to my expectations. The friendly greeting by the receptionist was a good indication as to what was to come. She offered to take our coats, and we were seated in the comfortable lounge which was tastingly decorated in a traditional style , which is befitting of this old hotel and spa. The courtious waiter presented the menu and offered sound advice on the dishes . We were escorted to our table in the restaurant and the food and drinks order was taken. Service was excellent and included crumbing down, and the bread was served silver service style- a nice touch. The starters were well presented and my swede soup tasted delicious although it was luke warm. The main course of pork belly, although small was also very flavoursome, and the skate was also delicious with the portion size being appropriate. The banana cake and ice cream which we shared was also delicious, and the cheeseboard had a wide variety of cheese and biscuits. The restaurant has atmosphere even though this was a Monday and it was good to see well laid out tables furnished with good quality white linen and fine quality cutlery and condiments. Our bill was speedily delivered and we were thanked for our custom. Overall a very pleasant experience which was very good value for the money paid, and I would recommend this place for lunch.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear heggers, Thank you for your review on you recent lunch experience. I am delighted to hear that you had a lovely lunch with us and enjoyed the small touches which the team deliver. I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future, perhaps dinner?