“This bakery has delighted 4 generations of my family!”

Burke's Bakery & Delicatessen
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Danville
Reviewed 22 October 2011

One of my favorite memories when visiting KY as a child was driving over with my Great-grandmother, grandmother, mother & sister from Richmond to Danville to visit Burke's Bakery. This place is a gem, an "old fashioned" bakery that is simply wonderful. The salt rising bread, cake donuts, gingerbread men, and specialty cakes are delicious and a FANTASTIC value. I am in my 40's now and just went over to Burke's Bakery last week with my grandmother, uncle, and husband. It was just like I remembered from all my vacations to Kentucky-and we brought home several items to GA to freeze for the holidays.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

we went to burkes in danville ky on a field trip and learned about the constitution square. it was fun and cheap and very good for a morning treat. even un the morning it was busy and i was short 17 cents and the cashier paid for me. GREAT SERVICE!

Reviewed 31 July 2011

Great, fresh doughnuts here. I stick with the glazed and powdered sugar, but they have all kinds of baked goodness here. I usually pick up a couple dozen on my way to work and my co-workers love it to work in Lexington and I would put burkes up with any of them. Cash or check only

Reviewed 10 January 2010

Don't be turned off by the old building, the little old ladies here make great cake-style doughnuts. The cookies are also really good, I loved the gingerbread men. Cake icing is a little too sweet for my taste, but I prefer butter-cream icing.

Reviewed 24 September 2009

If you want fat free you won't get it here. If you want great baked goods this is the place. The best cream horn you have ever had. We went in during the Brass Band Festival to buy picnic items and got everything we need to sit on the lawn and have sandwiches and dessert. I also pick up a dozen doughnuts as a think you from time to time.

1  Thank luvstravelky