Lowest prices for your stay
$145
Free cancellation until 16/12/22
HIExpress.com
$145
Free cancellation until 17/12/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$144
Free cancellation until 16/12/22
Hotels.com$144
Travelocity$144
Lol.travel$150
All reviews breakfast was delicious clean hotel short drive fitness center the river free breakfast newport aquarium great view lobby riverfront reds hallway game
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2022

My family and I were in town for a baseball game. We booked 3 rooms, but my wife and I arrived first. The c”guest service center checked us in, but they told us we had to pay for all 3 rooms, plus the $20 refundable damage room deposit for each room.
We asked if we could just pay for our room, but we were told no because the original credit card that was initially used to reserve the rooms could not be billed.
So we paid the charges as we were tired and just wanted to rest after a 400 mile drive. Then when my brother-in-law arrived he asked them why the policy change? Since they previously stayed here and had always been allowed to pay each individual room. When they gave him an answer, they accused us of never asking to only pay for our room.
The following morning, I went to the guest service center and I asked the front desk to please send extra pillows to my room as I have a bad back and had a terrible time sleeping. I was told they would send them up.
My wife and I went out to a baseball game that was moved from sn afternoon game to a late 7pm game. Needless to say, we were gone a majority of the day. Later that evening we returned about 10:30p - 11:00p and our room had not only not been cleaned, but our pillows were no where to be found.
I phoned the front desk, pleaded with them. I was offered an apology for the mishap and was told they would send the pillows up immediately. We waited until after midnight and the request for the extra pillows never arrived.
My family and I will not be returning.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Beth Wuestefeld, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Riverfront, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2022

Thank you for the feedback, I am very sorry you did not experience a great stay with us that we strive to provide for all of our guests and happy to see your room was discounted for the issues you encounter during your stay. I have also spoke to our team members to provide improve our services. Sincerely, Beth Wuestefeld, GM

Reviewed 2 July 2022

Moat of the staff was friendly, but I did not get what I expected from this hotel from reading their ads and the prices I paid. The pool was not warm and not enjoyable. this was the opinion of other people in the pool area also. I went there day 2 and it was just as cold. Mentioned this to front desk and they said it is as high they make it and do not expect bath water warm. The only people who can see the river is if you are on the upper floors. Tree, houses, business all around the hotel on bottom levels. If you want the room cleaned and restocked do NOT go here. If you need anything you have to go to lobby, they do not clean room unless there 5 days. So, every day you must go to lobby if need anything, clean towels, toilet paper, soap etc. They said this is posted in lobby. I could not find anything about this in ads, in lobby etc. They showed me a sign on a side table 8 x 10 with a lot of other information on it in small print, pool hours, fitness center open etc.

Room tip: if want a view top floor best, exercise room has only 5 machine, buffet breakfast was ok and coffee available in rooms and lobby 24 hours
Date of stay: June 2022
Beth Wuestefeld, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Riverfront, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2022

Thank you for the feedback, I apologize we did not make you aware of stay over service very well. During covid we stopped everyday service as some guest did not wish others in there room and now we are trying to get staffed back up to provide service everyday. Our local Health Department allows us to heat pool to 83 degrees, which can seem cool. Sincerely, Beth Wuestefeld, GM

Reviewed 24 June 2022

We didn't get off to a great start. We checked in and went to the room. The key card opened the door...and I heard "hello?" I've always had this irrational fear about someone being the room when I got there. It's not longer irrational. So we schlepped our belongings back downstairs where the clerk figured it out.

We get a new room (booked and paid for 2 adults, 1 child) with a pull out sofa, but no bedding for the pullout. I called the front desk to ask for a blanket and pillows. I was told I could come down and get it. OK...so now I'm compensating not only for your incompetence but also your laziness? OK, that's fine. The FD clerk was able to pull away from her conversation with someone in the back office long enough to hand me the bedding, but a delivery to the room would've been nice.

Breakfast was good. The gym was decent, but not the best hotel gym I've ever seen.

Date of stay: June 2022
Beth Wuestefeld, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Riverfront, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2022

Thank you for your feedback, I apologize your stay wasn't what we always strive to provide for our guest and will share your comments with our team to improve.

Beth Wuestefeld, GM

Reviewed 6 June 2022 via mobile

I had a good experience and I enjoyed the view of the bridge over Ohio river from my hotel room. The hotel was clean and the hosts friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and there were different options every day. Overall i enjoyed my stay at the hotel and it met the expectations for a reasonable price.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Beth Wuestefeld, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Riverfront, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2022

Thank you for the awesome review Ina_31! We appreciate the kind comments and so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Sincerely, Beth Wuestefeld, GM

Reviewed 23 May 2022 via mobile

Hotel is clean, staff is friendly and helpful. Wheelchair accommodation in our room and throughout the hotel were super. Kudos for having a pool lift (though I didn’t have time to use it this visit). Room was spacious and well laid out. The decor was even fitting for the riverfront area. Breakfast was delicious and kept fresh and restocked. There’s a small “market” at the lobby for various food and drinks and things you might’ve forgotten. Minutes from downtown Cincinnati, Newport Aquarium and immediately off the highway but no noise issues whatsoever. If we’re in the area again we will definitely stay here.

Room tip: Parking is free for guests in the outdoor lot that is well lit.
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Beth Wuestefeld, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Riverfront, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2022

Hi Marcus2784,
Thank you so much for the awesome review and very kind comments! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us!
Beth Wuestefeld, GM