Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$179
Hotels.com$178
Priceline$177
Travelocity$178
Agoda.com$179
Hurb$185
All reviews the children's hospital great hotel breakfast was delicious clean hotel short drive fitness center newport aquarium the river great view riverfront clerk hallway
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 March 2022

Worked in KY for a week and stayed in Covington KY. At first I wasn't a fan of the area at first, as we arrived at night. The next day I walked around and found out the area is an amazing little village center with great restaurants, bars, cafes and shops! Lots of convince stores, though no grocery stores within walking distance. The hotel itself was a bit dated, but the bed was comfy. TVs did have the ability to log into Netflix and YouTube, as well as cable. The Fitness Center was basic, but was at least open, so was the pool, though I didn't go in. Great view of Cincinnati and the Ohio River from my window, was on the 6th floor. Sound travels far in the hallways, walking around I could hear people talking from all the rooms, FYI.

Room tip: High Floors have the best view.
Date of stay: February 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Riverfront, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2022

Hi Suzi L,

Thank you for taking the time to write are review. I have shared your concerns with our management. It will help us improve our service from now on. We always want to offer you the most frictionless experience.

It's been a pleasure to host you. We hope to serve you again soon.

Alejandro G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 March 2022 via mobile

Short drive over the river from Cincinnati in Covington. Immediate neighbourhood not exciting, but half a mile, easy walk to Covington with good bars and restaurants.

Hotel as expected of this chain. Clean, comfortable. Very helpful and welcoming staff. Would certainly stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Beth Wuestefeld, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Riverfront, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2022

Thank you for awesome review and kind comments! So happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Sincerely, Beth Wuestefeld

Reviewed 2 December 2021

I stayed at this hotel for one night just before Halloween weekend. Got in late, phone died and went to sleep. My wife called the property at 3 am after waking up sick and was concerned that I had not called her. That part is on me, it happens. However, my wife asked the clerk to do a health check of the room. Night Auditor who worked the night of October 28th, 2021 treated her very poorly and could care less that she was worried. Would not call my room, go to my room, nothing. My wife called IHG and they called the hotel and he still would not help her. We all understand privacy (he already verified that I was registered in the room.. so that privacy part was OK to divulge?) but when someone is begging for help, and they say "what if he's dead?"; and the night auditor replies, "if he is dead, you can sue us"... pretty poor customer service. You have to question if this is the type of hotel where you want to visit safely and spend your money. My wife called the police who did a health check, I answered after one knock on the door and called her from the hotel phone in my room.

Date of stay: October 2021
Alisha Mardis, Guest Services / Front Office at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Riverfront, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2021

Thank you for your response. I believe that we have addressed your concerns before but just to clarify the desk agent that was at night was here by himself. He had called the room that you were staying in multiple times, with no response however because he was here alone, he was not able to leave the desk, which is why he informed your wife to call the police to do a well-check.
I'm very sorry that you had a poor experience as our entire staff is trained on how to handle safety issues within the hotel and it's guests.

Reviewed 24 July 2021 via mobile

We stayed for three nights. The staff were all extremely nice and professional - all of them. I really appreciate them.

The hotel is a bit older and it’s not as fresh as some other HIE’s but it’s perfectly fine, clean, and safe.

It’s within walking distance of a Skyline Chil - so that alone is a major plus. We found it located perfectly to get into Cincinnati.

We really did have a brilliant stay and will stay on future visits.

The only downside is a smaller parking area - but again, the staff will help and find a solution… the customer service here is extremely helpful to this being a solid HIE property

Stay with confidence

Room tip: Stay on an upper floor pay attention to Reds home games
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Beth Wuestefeld, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Riverfront, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2021

Thank you for the awesome review and very kind comments on our team members! So happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Sincerely, Beth Wuestefeld, GM

Reviewed 14 June 2021

This hotel does not have a riverfront but a huge wall view. This is not a new hotel it is a best western converted. The signs in the parking lot reflect this. Our room was not cleaned or restocked during our 3 day stay. On weekends the room price goes up and the service down. They supply a grab and go breakfast. The elevator is scary it shakes and vibrates when in use.

Date of stay: June 2021
Beth Wuestefeld, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati Riverfront, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2021

Thank you for your feedback, I am very sorry we did not provide the great experience we strive for all our guests. Kentucky has now opened self-serve breakfast and housekeeping services are provided upon request as some guests are not comfortable having others in their room. The elevator has been serviced and working fine now. Sincerely, Beth Wuestefeld, GM