Lowest prices for your stay
HolidayInn.com
$159
Free cancellation until 29/05/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$159
Free cancellation until 29/05/22
Trip.com
$142
Free cancellation until 30/05/22
Booking.com$159
Priceline$157
getaroom.com$165
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 July 2021 via mobile

We booked two suites for three nights at this Holiday Inn. There was only one positive experience our entire stay and it was when I called the day before and asked the general manager if we could check in early because we are nurses and had worked 12 hours then drove 3 hours to the hotel and he agreed to let us check in earlier than the 2pm time that all elite members get. I get to the rooms to find them not very clean and dirty socks on the floor in front of the sofa. I used the restroom and attempted to wash my hands and the handle came off in my hand. I called the front desk and they sent a maintenance worker up and after a few trips in and out of my room he said the only way to repair the sink was to call his boss and get permission to shut off water to the entire floor. So I told him no need for all that we will just use the living room sink. The AC in the living room worked fine but the bedroom AC didn’t which made it hard to sleep. We went down to bring our luggage up from the cars and got two luggage carts both of which were broken with flat tires and impossible to steer. Told the front desk about it and they said they were working on ordering new ones. Well that doesn’t help me much with my luggage and getting it to the 3rd floor. When we checked in we were told that they were very short staffed so no housekeeping would be offered and we would need to come to the front desk if we needed anything. Each time we went in and out we noticed a lot of people loitering in the halls near the doors and just outside the doors which made us feel uncomfortable and unsafe. They were sitting in the halls laying across the luggage racks and sitting up and down the sidewalks at the entrances. It seemed more like a weekly hotel that people were living out of so when I spoke to the manager and brought this up he told me they were housing residents who were displaced from a apartment fire. I feel bad for the people but we were on vacation with my elderly mother and two small children and it just made me tense. The next day during our 10 year olds birthday party our 3 year old got under the desk on the floor and found 3 pills which were controlled substances and could have easily put them in her mouth. Thankfully we saw her and immediately took them from her and contacted the front desk who said someone would be right up and they never came up. Then we went to the zoo and after being there all day we returned to find neither of the room keys worked to either of our suites so I went to the front desk and complained and the clerk made new keys and I asked her was she sure they were done correctly so we wouldn’t have to go through this the next day and she told me that she just got there and not to talk to her like that. Just some more of the great customer service we received from this hotel. The next day we received a text asking us to rate them 1-10 with 1 being the worst so I gave them a 1 . Then the manager Chevonne texted back that it seems like they can’t do anything to please us and that their hotel wasn’t a good fit for them? Well excuse us for wanting clean rooms with working water and AC and without drugs on the floor that our kids might have eaten. I know that sounds really like an unreasonable expectation. I tried to call guest relations many times to move us somewhere else and we held for hours and they never came to the phone. Restaurants were closed because of no staffing. All of this made for a horrible vacation. This hotel needs major renovations and updates. They need qualified management and staff that can deliver excellent customer service. We are elite members so I can only imagine how they treat everyone else.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jdub317
Jordan Francisco, Owner at Holiday Inn Cincinnati-Riverfront, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2021

Dear Jdub317,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that we were unable to provide you with the excellent service and accommodations that you expect and deserve as an Elite Member.

As I mentioned in previous responses to your other reviews on different platforms, we did attempt to assist you with your concerns while on property and continue to want to make things right. Again, if you would like to discuss the issues you experienced directly with me, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Your comments and concerns have been shared with the team to avoid similar issues in the future. Your comments and concerns can only help us in striving to become better.

Reviewed 13 June 2021

I suspect the hotel was recently spruced up. Perhaps it was acquired from another brand, as some signage implied Best Western. Carpet is new, paint is also, but a brown mustard color wall in the room is off-putting. We could feel the support (wood slats?) in the mattress, which was not well padded, and uncomfortable. Everything was very clean. Staff polite and helpful EXCEPT the breakfast server. She was on her phone incessantly, failed to state the offerings except to the males. Rude to females. Skimped the servings to females. Had to ask every morning what the offerings were; although all the men got told on arrival. The second she put the food on the plate, she left the serving area and went behind the "screen" and got back on the phone. Air conditioning did not keep the room very cool. Clock was flashing 20:00, and we could not change it. Told reception it was broken, and after 2nd request someone came and played with it to announce that it was broken. We knew that....but we did get a new one. Parking lot is difficult to access and exit due to hotel location. Would not return to this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank 3ess
Hotel Management, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cincinnati-Riverfront, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2021

Dear 3ess,

It’s important to our entire team that all our visitors feel comfortable, so I’m very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I regret the lapses in service you experienced; please forgive us. We hope you will reconsider a return visit. We'd love the opportunity to serve you better should your travels bring you back to the area. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 20 April 2021

Had an inconvenience with our room but Seidou came through and was very helpful giving emulate coustmer service and resolving our issue over all a good experience he turned what would've been a bad review into a good experience

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2021

We checked in at 6 pm. We are “world Spire Elite”. Having been with their loyalty program for two decades, I’ve never experienced anything like this. I asked the desk clerk about Spire Elite. She gave me a blank look and said, “ what, do you you want another room?” I gently reminded her that usually we are offered a gift or points. She said, “ oh, I guess I can give you points.” At no point did she say thank you for loyalty or any such thing. Our room on third floor was reeking of smoke. Since it’s a nonsmoking hotel and they are supposed to be doing Covid style cleaning, we were shocked. We were given another room..327. Frankly, it had a stale smoke smell, but we were done. The sheets were comfortable, but the bed had a thin white comforter..not well insulated and no blankets either on the bed or in the closet. Good thing we had some in our car for single digit nights. Of course Covid shut down the restaurant; only restaurants within a couple blocks in snow were fast food. Spend a few dollars more and stay elsewhere!

Date of stay: February 2021
3  Thank Linda S
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Cincinnati-Riverfront, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2021

Hello Linda S,

Thanks for the stay and feedback. I am sorry to hear about the level of service you received at check- in and the condition of the rooms allocated to you. I have taken note of your comments and shared them with management for review to take necessary actions to address these concerns.

We appreciate you as one of our IHG Rewards Spire Elite members, and I hope you give us a chance to host you again in the future.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 21 December 2020 via mobile

We arrived about 6:00pm and the front door was locked. We rang the buzzer several times. Looking in the window there were people eating by the fireplace. We knocked and knocked finally a gentleman opened the door and said they were eating. It still took some time for the desk clerk to check us in. As IHG members we had requested certain rooms but this was Not to be. The clerk that evening let us know we were interrupting her, checked us in, and went back to eating. We were staying four days and had questions but waited until the day shift was on to ask. We had no service we found clean towels in the eating area and coffee pods so we could have some in our room. We emptied our own trash and when I asked for service was told there wasn't any. This is a riverfront hotel which was why we chose it but was told we could not have a room facing the river. Now the room itself had a wonderful bathroom, that's all I have good to stay about this stay. I generally get great service and nice clean rooms at IHG establishments, I guess that is over now as will be our staying at them.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank 1991KEB

Dear 1991KEB,

I'm very sorry for your poor arrival experience; please forgive us. We strive to provide sincere hospitality and we clearly missed the mark. Your time in sharing candid feedback is appreciated and reviewed by us to continually foster improvements. For this reason, we hope that you might consider a return visit. We'd love another opportunity to show you that we care about you and your stay.