Lowest prices for your stay
HolidayInn.com
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com$180
Booking.com$180
Hurb$187
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 April 2021

Had an inconvenience with our room but Seidou came through and was very helpful giving emulate coustmer service and resolving our issue over all a good experience he turned what would've been a bad review into a good experience

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2021

We checked in at 6 pm. We are “world Spire Elite”. Having been with their loyalty program for two decades, I’ve never experienced anything like this. I asked the desk clerk about Spire Elite. She gave me a blank look and said, “ what, do you you want another room?” I gently reminded her that usually we are offered a gift or points. She said, “ oh, I guess I can give you points.” At no point did she say thank you for loyalty or any such thing. Our room on third floor was reeking of smoke. Since it’s a nonsmoking hotel and they are supposed to be doing Covid style cleaning, we were shocked. We were given another room..327. Frankly, it had a stale smoke smell, but we were done. The sheets were comfortable, but the bed had a thin white comforter..not well insulated and no blankets either on the bed or in the closet. Good thing we had some in our car for single digit nights. Of course Covid shut down the restaurant; only restaurants within a couple blocks in snow were fast food. Spend a few dollars more and stay elsewhere!

Date of stay: February 2021
3  Thank Linda S
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Cincinnati-Riverfront, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2021

Hello Linda S,

Thanks for the stay and feedback. I am sorry to hear about the level of service you received at check- in and the condition of the rooms allocated to you. I have taken note of your comments and shared them with management for review to take necessary actions to address these concerns.

We appreciate you as one of our IHG Rewards Spire Elite members, and I hope you give us a chance to host you again in the future.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 21 December 2020 via mobile

We arrived about 6:00pm and the front door was locked. We rang the buzzer several times. Looking in the window there were people eating by the fireplace. We knocked and knocked finally a gentleman opened the door and said they were eating. It still took some time for the desk clerk to check us in. As IHG members we had requested certain rooms but this was Not to be. The clerk that evening let us know we were interrupting her, checked us in, and went back to eating. We were staying four days and had questions but waited until the day shift was on to ask. We had no service we found clean towels in the eating area and coffee pods so we could have some in our room. We emptied our own trash and when I asked for service was told there wasn't any. This is a riverfront hotel which was why we chose it but was told we could not have a room facing the river. Now the room itself had a wonderful bathroom, that's all I have good to stay about this stay. I generally get great service and nice clean rooms at IHG establishments, I guess that is over now as will be our staying at them.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank 1991KEB
Hotel Management, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cincinnati-Riverfront, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2021

Dear 1991KEB,

I'm very sorry for your poor arrival experience; please forgive us. We strive to provide sincere hospitality and we clearly missed the mark. Your time in sharing candid feedback is appreciated and reviewed by us to continually foster improvements. For this reason, we hope that you might consider a return visit. We'd love another opportunity to show you that we care about you and your stay.

Jordan Francisco

Reviewed 1 October 2020 via mobile

Traveling through Ohio, We enjoyed our overnight stay here. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Thanks Jacob. Our room was spacious and clean. Bed and Pillows provided for a good night rest. An older hotel but we felt comfortable in these COVID times. Walked across street for dinner to Pizza Sports Bar were we enjoyed sone cold beer and hot fresh hoagies

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 14 March 2020

I’ll start by saying, restaurant staff was fabulous. Friendly, polite and were cleaning everything, second, I was exhausted after a 9 hour drive. I got to the room and just needed sleep. I got in bed and my foot touched something. A pair of dirty socks! They had not changed the bed sheets from prior customer! I called housekeeping and they did come and change. I told front desk I wanted the manager to know because they have a hospitality guarantee posted in the bathroom. I also filed a complaint a few days later with the general Holiday Inn number. No apology two weeks later! I paid for this disgusting experience!! Amid Coronavirus concerns, if those socks were not there I would not have known and would have slept in sheets that someone else slept in. Think about that.I would not have know. And neither would you. What else wasn’t cleaned in that room? Inexcusable.

Date of stay: March 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank justtus6
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cincinnati-Riverfront, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2020

Hi justtus6,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a candid review. While I am glad that you appreciated our restaurant staff, I was also concerned to read that your bed sheets were not changed. I understand your dismay and I am sorry. This is not the joy of travel that we wanted for all our guests and I will make sure to share your comments with our team for necessary improvements needed on our end.

I would also like to follow up on your concern that is why I have sent you a private message. I hope you get the time to read it and respond.

Mike F.