“Fit our needs perfectly”

Fairfield Inn Corbin
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Corbin
Gilbert, South Carolina
“Fit our needs perfectly”
Reviewed 5 August 2011

While traveling to Chicago with my Mom, we needed a place to stop over with 4 kids. We got adjoining rooms, which worked out perfectly because we could put the baby to bed in one room, and leave the adjoining door cracked so we could hear him while the older kids watched TV in the other room. The older kids enjoyed the pool. Brakfast, while not spectacular, met our needs. We've made it tradition to stay here every year for this same trip (visiting family for the holidays).

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MomOf4Boys77
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Miami, FL
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I've never had a negative experience with a Marriott hotel...everything was good and the breakfast was abundant and varied...as I said, can't go wrong...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank JA-Family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 June 2011

The Fairfield Inn is at Exit 29 off I-75 at the top of a hill next to a gas station and across from a few restaurants. The location concerned me at first but once I walked in I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very friendly to all the guests and seemed to actually enjoy their jobs (unlike some hotels). The lobby and cafe (for breakfast only) were very clean and nicely decorated, the open computer in the lobby was available most hours, and my room and bathroom were extremely clean.

I travel a lot for work so I mostly need just a clean place with easy access to the city. The Fairfield Corbin was extremely clean with modern furniture and bedding. I couldn't open my window but the A/C worked just fine, and I could hear the conversations in the hall. Other than that, I was very pleased and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank 56003Dee
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Staff was unfriendly, room and facility were old and outdated, breakfast room was cramped and not very tasty, TV crummy, elevator was slow. There wasn't much to like about this place. Upon checking out, the breakfast preparer/overnight clerk walked past me to the best parking spot in the lot without a word and drove away. There are other places to stay at this exit. Try one of them.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AKTennisNut
North Central Indiana
Reviewed 31 October 2010

We booked this hotel as we were traveling South with our kids. It was very reasonably priced for a Marriott property. We arrived at 9 PM, checked our room and were promptly disappointed. Due to the bed bug scare, we checked all the linens. We found dead bugs in the pull out couch's sheets, and cracker crumbs in our bed's linen. We did call the front desk to complain. The brought new linens. However, the clerk did not reassure us when he said, "I'm not surprized, if you knew what type of housekeepers worked here...." We were shocked.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family