All reviews walk in shower waffles room was clean mammoth cave sausage indoor pool would stay here again exercise room king suite newer hotel fitness center up to date free breakfast waffle maker other hotels in the area the breakfast area microwave and fridge
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Checked in fine. Room refrigerator door won't stay shut and we needed to chill our drinks. I asked to have the unit replaced ASAP. The clerk said no one on site to fix, but can offer me another room, but would be a downgrade to two queens, since no other king rooms were available. I said not acceptable. So she would call the manager. 20 mins later they cannot fix, but offered to upgrade us to a King Suite. I said yes and she said she would come up with new keys for us. Another 30 mins go by, nothing, so I call. She's been busy with other people downstairs. I asked how much longer since we've been waiting a long time. She said she's busy with other customers, and I said, this is ridiculous, how about making them wait until you help us? First she quibbles that maybe our fridge can be fixed, and I said, jeez, you promised to upgrade us, now you're quibbling about the fridge you can't seem to replace or fix for us? Then she says our king suite was booked after she promised it previously. She could have called me immediately when she learned this instead of keeping us waiting. Or she could have marked it taken when she offered it to us. So offered a double queen suite. Not ideal, but bigger and hopefully working fridge. Well, the fridge is ok, but isn't getting our drinks cold after an hour at max setting. Sigh.

Room Tip: Spin the dice
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
gmky088, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Please accept my apologies for the problems with the fridge in your room as well as the slow, poor service you received. Please know this is not our standards of service and the concerned staff has been addressed. We hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations for a great stay.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped for a quick trip to Mammoth Caves. Saw mixed reviews about this hotel, but it was the most affordable price. We were pleased with the cleanliness of the room. The accommodations were certainly acceptable. The staff was helpful. The breakfast simple but good quality. We would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We greatly appreciate your business as well as your kind comments. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 25 May 2018

I spoke with Whitney to make my reservation and let her know my wants concerning a room. When I arrived, it was PERFECT! She had accommodated me perfectly! I grew up in this area, but have lived south of here 30 years. My parents and grandparents have passed away now and I was very depressed thinking of coming up to place flowers at three locations. But, with talking and seeing Whitney and meeting several members of the staff, it turned into a very up lifting experience. I won't feel so down and I decide to come back...because I will call the great staff at Sleep Inn and Suites, Cave City.

Room Tip: Know what works for you...I love a King size bed
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ktskol1

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review. I'm so happy we were able to accommodate you and exceed your expectations during a bittersweet time. Were very sorry for your loss but glad we could help turn it into an uplifting experience. We hope to welcome you again the next time you travel to Cave City, Ky.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

We stopped off here for one night while passing through to break up a long car ride for my 4 year old. We booked the room online the night before and check in was a breeze. The room was up to date and we found it to be very clean. It is one of the cleaner hotel rooms I remember staying at and I literally don't have a single complaint.

Breakfast was about what you'd expect with any complimentary breakfast. Waffles, sausage, eggs, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, muffins and bagels and that sort of menu.

The pool is kind of odd, its indoor and very small. My daughter still enjoyed it but we were lucky and the only ones in the pool. It'd definitely be crowded if there were many people in it at all. This wasn't an issue at all.

Nice and convenient and clean. I'd strongly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review regarding your stay with us. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We greatly appreciate your kind comments, recommendation, and perfect score. We hope to welcome you and your family again soon!

Reviewed 11 May 2018

Our room was ready and setup per my online request. I request an extra blanket for my son when we travel because he gets cold in our room. I also request extra coffee. All this was done before our arrival, and a note left by her in the room. Although I requested 1st floor, she bumped us Up to a suite on the second floor because the first room floor that she had given us had a strange smell and carpet was recently cleaned. I really appreciated that. The room was clean and comfortable. I Love their beds !
The indoor pool area was small but nice. They even put a restroom in the poolroom! (Finally someone realizes this is smart) I realized when I got home two days later that I left my swimsuit hanging in the tub. I called and they said they would mail it to me. The staff went above and beyond.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family