US$ 106
Travel Inn(Cave City)
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 50
All reviewsrooms are smalloriginal furnitureconcrete wigwamstep back in timecool placetwo double bedscoffee makerfun place to stayholiday innwater pressureamericananostalgickitschroadsiderialtoarizonatile
Reviewed 14 August 2015

just a stop over on our way back home.....interesting and fun....a fun thing to talk about when you are telling tales of your vacation....had a nice campfire and did some Geocaching while we were there....met some nice people and had a good nights rest!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

When we planned our summer vacation to Cave City we went knowing we wanted to stay at Wigwam Village. My wife and I love anything retro and this place is the ultimate in mid-century style. The rooms were priced right for what we got but there are some things you need to understand before booking your wigwam.
This place is kitschy and cool but it is far from a luxury stay. When you sign up for this adventure, you are getting the Americana experience. The rooms are small so you'd better be on good terms with your roomies. As a consequence of the small rooms, the beds are small too. Bring extra pillows if you like to sleep on more than one as they don't appear to have many extras in their stash.
Everything about this place is dated, but in a charming way. If you come here with the misconception of modern convenience, you will be sorely disappointed. Our TV set was less than perfect so it's a good thing we didn't need it much. There are no in room services, no fridge, no mini bar. If you feel like you're gonna need something, better bring it with you.
We met some great folks who were also guests and we all gathered in the courtyard for a bonfire and drinks. The atmosphere seems to lend itself to making friends with your neighbors. There is a playground and a BBQ pavilion but no pool.
Book well in advance especially if you're planning around a holiday as rooms are limited.
We had a great time and will return.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank DaLaR1
Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

We loved staying here. It was a unique and fun experience. Kids were out playing and I sat out talking to other adults. The play ground needs cleaned/updated, but my son had fun. The pavilion with the sprinkler was fun, you just need to know to turn it on as it is not running all the time (and shouldn't be if not being used). The cottages are clean and quaint, but don't expect a regular room. It us like stepping back in time, which I totally appreciate. There could be a little more upkeep done, but for $60 on a Saturday night you can't beat it. I would recommend staying here if you like things a little bit different from a standard hotel room.

1  Thank Trice1
Reviewed 15 July 2015 via mobile

My 8 yr old daughter, my 69 yr old mother and myself had reservations on July 14th,2015.
Upon arrival at 3pm we were so taken with the charm of the place. The motel office wigwam was really neat, a bit dated, but we liked it and the clerk at the desk was sweet. She explained to us that they were working on the water line and they would not have water until 6:30.she gave us a choice to stay or go. We decided 3 hrs with no water was no big deal.
We stayed in wigwam 13. The room was nice and cool which was good bc the heat index that day was over 100°. The room was quaint and pretty much clean. Everything looked obviously dated but we had read reviews going in and expected as much. We also prepared with an extention cord because as others stated, there are only 2 outlets in the whole room meaning 4 things can be plugged in. One is taken by TV, one the cable, and one the a/c and they are on the opposite side of the room from the bed. So the extention cord allowed us to charge our phones and have a fan by the bed. Any more electronices and a power strip would be needed.
The bathroom was small, a bit warm and clean. We kept the door shut so we didn't have to air condition that room.
My daughter brought her bike and outside toys and played Frisbee and tag with other kids at the village. We sat outside and drank a few adult beverages and enjoyed the scenery and watching the children play. You really did feel you had taken a step back to a simpler time.
Around 630 a maintenance man covered head to toe in mud came around and said they were running to Glasgow to get the part they needed for the pipe and when they got back would be 20 mins and we should have water. At this point we are a little disappointed but taking things in stride and laughing about it. Long story short around 845, just as it was beginning to rain the owner came around and expressed his sincere apologies but that after they fixed one pipe the main pipe burst so we would have no water until the next day at soonest.
He gave us all our money backs and was very sweet about it. I felt bad for the guy as you could see the stress of having owned this "money pit" for 11 yrs. He said he purchased this place 11 yrs ago and he's yet to make money on it. They put in all new electric and plumbing inside the wigwams and have put a lot of money in them just to keep them livable but all he's ever done is "just pay the bills... That's it." I felt his anguish and can see that he's ready to not have to deal with this place.
We left and went to a best Western down the road and had to pack our car in a DOWNPOUR but we laughed the whole time bc that's just how we roll. Hakuna Matata.
So... I don't really know how to rate this place but I truly hope the owner is able to keep this little piece of history alive. We loved it but it needs so much work :(

3  Thank Nicky N
Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

Yup, we had a reservation for tonight, and due to a death in the family, we're not going to make it.
I called to cancel the reservation around 11:00 this morning, and Mena the owner would not listen to me, he just kept saying "you cannot do whatever you want!" "I have a business degree!"

He never heard me, because he was so yell-y, but I was not asking him for a refund, I was just asking what their policy on cancellations was. I was hoping I wouldn't lose the entire $70.00. To my family, that is a lot of money.

I found out: it is their policy to swear at you, accuse you of trying to rip them off, then call you names till you hang up the phone.

5  Thank RobbyEgo