The Front Porch, Coffee Shop and Social Eatery
Ranked #10 of 27 Restaurants in Cave City
Reviewed 3 June 2018

We had lunch here, and it was so good. As a vegetarian, I was able to get a really tasty black bean burger with onion rings. Everyone loved their food. The kids got milkshakes, which were huge! The restaurant was not air conditioned, so hopefully they can fix that. Our server was attentive and efficient. They had been really busy the previous day, so had run out of different things, but my husband was able to find something he liked, which was the chicken salad sandwich. That proved to be fresh and delicious. Glad we took a chance on this place.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

If you want to eat at a place with wonderful food and down-home hospitality, then search no more because this place has it all! Owner Keith, went out of his way to help us when we had a flat tire, calling various places for a replacement tire and then loaning us his hydrolic jack to take with us to use at the hotel.
The food is prepared by a very creative culinary school graduate that cooks it the way you want it, unusual for a sandwich place. Delicious! We happened to be there at night when they had live music and a blues music jam. Fun night! Would go there all the time if we lived in that area. Made us feel like one of the family!

Reviewed 16 May 2018

We have fallen in love with Jellystone Campground, and the Front Porch is right at the entrance. We were excited to be able to drive our golf cart down and grab some grub. First off, the entrance is confusing, it tells you to come inside first; however, you can sit wherever you'd like. Secondly, the service was absolutely terrible Took FOREVER to get two milkshakes (we had a party of 8) and our appetizer. My 12 year old wouldn't even drink his shake, when I tasted it, I understood why, it tasted very watery, as if it had been made with frozen fat free milk, water and sugar. The food overall was ok, but overcooked, took nearly an hour and a half to get some sandwiches and pizzas. Tried to order a cocktail, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!! If you get anything, buy a bottled beer. The alcohol was watered down to say the least and tasted like bathroom sink water. The bartender, cook, whoever he was came out to deliver the drinks (we ordered two cocktails) and stated he drank this specific drink quite often, and "while at work". Yea, I could tell, as the stench of alcohol on his breath was very prominent. While we were waiting for our food, we could see the cooks inside, laughing, and playing on their phones, touching their screens with gloved hands, the same unchanged gloves in which they then plated our food. I work in food service, if you even touch your face you're supposed to wash your hands, much less play on a nasty phone screen!!!!!!!! After seeing that I could hardly eat my food. Do better, Front Porch!!! You could really make a nice living if you focused on your help, made sure your cocktails were pretty decent and spent some time/effort training your staff!!! Needless to say, we didn't go back the rest of the weekend. Bummer!

Reviewed 12 May 2018

My husband and I visited here while on vacation. Great service and food was excellent... We sat outside and the staff kids??? was out there also playing where we were sitting and throwing around a ball and that was annoying.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

We've been 3 times since new ownership took over. To start with the pros, the food is actually pretty good. We've gotten the garlic fries, fried pickles, pizza, breakfast burger, wings, and they've all been good.

With that being said, each time we've went we've left aggravated due to the level of service we received. We usually go out and eat around "off" times that way restaurants aren't terribly busy. First time we went, we walked in to an almost empty restaurant, not sure if we should be seated or sit down ourselves. The wait staff pretty much just stood there and looked at us without saying anything. So we sat down and waited about another 5-10 minutes for someone to actually come over and give us menus and take our drink orders.

Last time we went, they had this corrected, but we rarely saw our waitress. When we'd ask for something (and I promise we aren't terribly needy), we'd notice she would walk away and forget about it. I'm not sure if this is a lack or personnel issue or a specific waitress issue, but it's got to be fixed. The table behind us was having the same issue. We've spaced our visits out enough to see if the issues are corrected, but they're either not, or new issues have arrived.

I might try again in 6 months to see how it goes, because like I said, the food is pretty good. But PLEASE train to your waiting staff to be a little more attentive or maybe hire some more.

1  Thank Aaron R